The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Precal help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
I did bad in my test and our professor was kind enough to let us correct the answers. I am NOT asking you to give me the answer. I am only asking to teach me how it works.

Ok.

I have this question : Verify the following: cscx - sinx= cosxcotx

Can someone make an example and show me how to do it. Please don't do the one I put there just show me the steps what I need to do to get the answer. Thanks

Helps a bit. Thanks. I don't understand this part. Maybe I do. I'm a bit confused.

"Make a common denominator (to make one fraction):
= 1/sin(x) - sin²(x)/sin(x)"

How did they get that from 1/sin(x) - sin(x) but most importantly this part "sin²(x)/sin(x)"

Nevermind I understood it. sinx is the same thing as sin²(x)/sin(x) . Thanks

:( I'm lost again. What is another way to say 2sec²x?

I have this question 2sec²x-2sec²xsin²x-sin²x-cos²x=1 (i don't want my thread deleted so please use another example to help me to understand)

I know that sec²x is the same as secx * secx or the same as 1/cosx * 1/cosx but where does the 2 before the sec²x fit in?

I also understand that sin²x+cos²x=1 .

Umm... just a guess but maybe you could break up 2sec^2x to 2 * sec^2x... so then you could do 2 * ((1/cosx) * (1/cosx)). Not sure though, I hate calculus.

LOL I figured it out earlier. sec²x = tan²x+1 and secxsinx=tanx

so its 2(tan²x+1) -2tan²x-1=1
2tan²x+2-2tan²x-1=1
2-1=1
1=1

Does anyone know Trig Substitution? or how to use Sum and Difference Formula?

cos(A+B) = cos A cos B − sin A sin B

sin(A+B) = sin A cos B + cos A sin B

James :dsm::talon::laser:

Say you want to find the angle of 60*. Which is a non standard angle that you dont know what the sin (60). But you know what sin of 30 is. You use the second formula to find the sin of 60*.

What is this class for? College, high school? Just wait until you take Calc 1 or 2 and do integration, derivatives and partial fraction decomposition. FUN FUN FUN.

This is for College, all other chapters are pretty easy for now, It is just this Chapter. I need to do a problem of which is Cos(165*). Can you show me an example such as like Cos(105*)

do I start like this : =cos(60) cos(45)-sin(60)sin(45) ?

What do I need to do after that? Do I get those values from the right triangle with angles 45* and the right triangle with angles 60* and 30*?

I turn my work already but isn't cos(165) =cos(120) cos(45)-sin(120)sin(45)
cos(165) = (-1/2)(sqrt(2)/2)-(sqrt(3)/2)(sqrt(2)/2)
cos(165) = (sqrt(2)/4) - ((sqrt(2))(sqrt(3)))/4
cos(165) = ((sqrt(2)(1+sqrt(3)))/4

I turn my work already but isn't cos(165) =cos(120) cos(45)-sin(120)sin(45)
cos(165) = (-1/2)(sqrt(2)/2)-(sqrt(3)/2)(sqrt(2)/2)
cos(165) = (sqrt(2)/4) - ((sqrt(2))(sqrt(3)))/4
cos(165) = ((sqrt(2)(1+sqrt(3)))/4

Yes. That looks good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back