The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Ppg with spool and quiafe lsd question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacolu3

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2015
Lake Grove, New_York
So I just had a ppg dog box built with a spool and a quiafe lsd.
I'm about to install it and I went to spin my input shaft by hand and the output shaft doesn't spin.
On my old tranny i was just running a 4 spider center and when I spin the output shaft the input shafts with it.
I also tried to spin the output shaft by hand and was not able to spin it.
Just wondering if this is normal with a front spool and center lsd?
I've tried it I multiple gears and I was not able to spin the output shaft by hand.

Thanks
Brian

I am not a transmission guru, so I have no idea what exactly your case is. But sounds something is not right, maybe assembly error.. I have the ppg gear set with a center spool and a Quaife front LSD, too. But I recall that if I span the input shaft by hand, the output shaft was spinning in all gear, like your old transmission.
Hope @twicks69 Tim would chime in to help you.

Your output shaft is only going to spin if you are physically engaged in a gear and you are spinning the input shaft. Its a 1x23 input so if you have an evo disk or a dsm 23 spline transfer case input sleeve you can use that to spin the input shaft. You will need to rotate the input shaft to shift and engage each gear.

Your output shaft is only going to spin if you are physically engaged in a gear and you are spinning the input shaft. Its a 1x23 input so if you have an evo disk or a dsm 23 spline transfer case input sleeve you can use that to spin the input shaft. You will need to rotate the input shaft to shift and engage each gear.

Great info like always!!!
Thanks Tim!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back