The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G PP Mustang TB adding ISC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonlan3

Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2013
moline, Illinois
I bought this car with a magnus smim and this professional products 75mm mustang throttle body. Same one thats on extremepsi.
I'm tired of messing with my idle and warming the car up myself. Is there any way to get an isc on this thing?

Fftec made an adapter for a while. I have one in my shop that I’ve been saving for a couple years. I planned to try and add seals and bushings in place of the ball bearings the shaft rides on but as I get older I will likely just buy a s90 and not have to deal with the leaks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Magnus motorsports also has or had a remote mount solution for the isc/iac.
They had it for the dsms but it seems like it's now advertised for the evos and supposedly late model dsms. I have this exact one on my 1g with a ford TB and it works great.

It seems like they only have the 3 bolt isc. They show pictures of both, the 2 bolt isc and 3 bolt isc. They also only mention do comment about the 3 bolt isc.
I have the 2 bolt one and it's what I'm running. I bought it many years ago when they first came out.

El Cuervo that's a nice one. I've already ordered PN #E9T170 and a used isc from performance partout. Still by far the cheapest route $50 for E9T170
Shipped and $30 for a good isc.
Now my question is does it matter if I plumb 8" before the throttle body and on the magnus SMIM vacuume block?
Or do I need to plumb directly before and after the TB plate?

El Cuervo that's a nice one. I've already ordered PN #E9T170 and a used isc from performance partout. Still by far the cheapest route $50 for E9T170
Shipped and $30 for a good isc.
Now my question is does it matter if I plumb 8" before the throttle body and on the magnus SMIM vacuume block?
Or do I need to plumb directly before and after the TB plate?

That's a very good option too. You saved alot of money. In my experience, it doesn't matter where you plumb the isc, as long as one vacuum hose is connected before the throttle body and the other one is after the throttle body. The length of the house makes no difference, at least in my experience. My hoses are quite long actually. By block do you mean.... an independent vacuum port on the intake manifold? Or are you talking about one of those remote mount vacuum blocks that have multiple ports and it's plumbed buy a vacuum hose on the intake manifold?
Whatever it may be. Just have each of the vacuum hoses from the isc to be independent and dedicated to their function. Meaning that no "tees" connect to them and have them go to independent ports. Simple as that.

And it doesn't matter if it's 1 inch or 10 inches away from the throttle body. Either before or after.

What I meant by vacume block is the barbs off the back of the magnus smim not an independent deal.
But you've answered all my questions. Thank you!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back