The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Powerstop Brake kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've only ever ran the OEM rotors and the Powerstop rotors. I don't drive the car very much so the warpage isn't high on my concern list right now. If any other name brand makes slotted or vented rotors I'd give them a try though.
I thought you had to go bigger on the rotors for the brembos? I could be completely wrong I’m pretty new to this stuff

Brembo is a brand name. Brembo makes stock sized rotors as well as the giant upgrade kits, evo stuff etc.
They make brake pads too.

Last edited:
Brembo is a brand name. Brembo makes stock sized rotors as well as the giant upgrade kits, evo stuff etc.
They make brake pads too.
Yeah I understand that brembo is just the brand but what I mean is would the evo brembos or brembo big brake kit work on stock rotors? And if not then is there any specific rotors that I need or is recommended

Yeah I understand that brembo is just the brand but what I mean is would the evo brembos or brembo big brake kit work on stock rotors? And if not then is there any specific rotors that I need or is recommended
No they will not. Additionally why would you want it? The bigger rotors is part of the benefit.
Your rotor choice will be limited to oem size unless you make changes. I purchased brembo brand just because of their reputation and they make coated rotors. The hats, edges etc take a lot of abuse before they rust and corrode. They just kinda look nice.
Pad choices are numerous. You can buy almost any compound yiu want but you need to select based on what the car does. Is it a track only car? Street car? Autocross? Drag? Are you willing to swap pads for different things?
Honestly it's been my experience that unless you are truly tracking the car, and I have, a good ceramic pad, fresh fluid and braided lines yields good feel and adequate braking for most street driving.

No they will not. Additionally why would you want it? The bigger rotors is part of the benefit.
Your rotor choice will be limited to oem size unless you make changes. I purchased brembo brand just because of their reputation and they make coated rotors. The hats, edges etc take a lot of abuse before they rust and corrode. They just kinda look nice.
Pad choices are numerous. You can buy almost any compound yiu want but you need to select based on what the car does. Is it a track only car? Street car? Autocross? Drag? Are you willing to swap pads for different things?
Honestly it's been my experience that unless you are truly tracking the car, and I have, a good ceramic pad, fresh fluid and braided lines yields good feel and adequate braking for most street driving.
My car is gonna be 99% a street car and maybe like once a month I’ll hit the track but all I know is the OEM brakes on it now really suck and I don’t feel comfortable at all on the street with them so if there’s any rotors you can recommend for me with the evo brembos that would be great like I said I’m pretty new here so I don’t know what size the stock ones are or anything like that

If you want evo brembos thats a whole different set of parameters.
Have you changed fluid? What brakes do you have btw? What pad? What tires?
What is it that makes you say man these brakes suck?

If you want evo brembos thats a whole different set of parameters.
Have you changed fluid? What brakes do you have btw? What pad? What tires?
What is it that makes you say man these brakes suck?
not sure on the pads I know my tires are good and fluid is good what makes them suck is I can’t stop the car 😂 I know changing the pads might help but I just don’t feel comfortable at all with having over 400hp on stock brakes

No that’s the whole problem I’m not stock power level it’s probably over 400hp
I’m about there also with stock brakes & hawk pads and it’s fine for me, street or drag strip. Autocross or road racing you’ll want to upgrade. If you want more, the link has bb upgrade that should be plenty. You have evo enkei’s so clearance won’t be an issue.

I’ve had those powerstop drilled & slotted rotors on my 2g, fronts only and I didn’t really see any noticeable benefits.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back