The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Power Transistor (ignitor) questions and help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millinnion

Proven Member
Mar 24, 2015
Puyallup, Washington
So I have a 98 GST nothing added pretty much all stock. I just put a head that I had build on with all new OEM parts minus the cams. Have a set of comp work cams only 264s.

But anyways after installing I had an issue with the CAS connector and only spark on cylinders 1 and 4. I replaced the connector and a new CAS and got rid of the P0340 code but still only have spark on the 2 cylinders.

Decided after following all the troubleshooting on ALLdata got it down to what should have been the ignitor. So after all that story I bought a new ignitor put it in and now I have spark on 2 and 3 but not 1 and 4 LOL. So I swapped to my old one just to see and sure enough spark went back to 1 and 4 and none on 2 and 3.

Did I most likely just get a bad ignitor? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have tested the PTUs i have and i have a good one. i have found that i have no signal coming from pin 23 on the ECU connector. I am pretty sure that is meaning i have an issue with the ECU as i have continuity from the brown and red wire from the PTU to the ECM but the 3 volt signal is not there. i also checked the continuity from the other signal wire the black and blue wire and it is all good.

I have and i am getting the correct signals sent from both crank and cam to the ECU while cranking. I just for the love of me can not get spark to all 4 at one time. I can get spark at either 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 depending on what PTU i put in. And even with there being no 3 volt signal from the ECU to the PTU on the brown and red wire my secondary coil will still fire. So i am guessing I may nee to try running a new wire from the ECU straight to the PTU connector to rule out all types of a short.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back