The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Power transistor getting hot

A_USER_NAME

Proven Member
Aug 9, 2012
Sahuarita, Arizona
Having an issue with my power transistor getting extremely hot after 30 seconds of the key being on/trying to start the car.

Also:

-Fuel pump isn’t kicking on, but it does work when I jump it. MFI/FP relay isn’t clicking.
-Can’t connect to ecmlink

I pulled the ecu and noticed 2 of the capacitors are cracked, could this cause an over voltage issue to the transistor and my other issues?

Any help is appreciated.

The more I read about ECU issues the more it convinces me, I just remembered that I was hearing a lot of clicking in the firewall/under the dash with pretty much solidifies it.

Dericsh

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2002
Pearl River, Louisiana
Sounds like you got it figured out. When I sent my ecm to ecm tuning a couple summers ago it was an easy transaction, hopefully the experience is the same for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds