The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

power steering resivoir relocate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZmocoLoco

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Chandler, Arizona
my car didnt come with ABS, so i was thinking about dropping my power steering resi down to the same area where the ABS would have been. anyone see this done before? oh also, im not new to the dsm game i am just trying to get this stupind probationary member taken off becuase i have a ton of cool ass parts to sell! so anyways, power steering resivoir relocate. been done before? thanks!

I don't know if it has ever been done before, but the placement of the reservoir is the same as the coolant reservoir. It is at the highest point of that particular system so that any air trapped within can rise up to escape the fluid and not cause problems. Placing the reservoir lower would only cause inefficient flow for releasing any trapped air.

It's been done, and I'm about to do it. Jason Drew (@jdxnc ) has had his there for a while.

Yup, mines been in that location for a few years now and the pump relocated to the A/C pump location. Zero issues, the pump is even mounted upside down.

Attachments

• PS res.jpg
    PS res.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 244
wow thanks for the feedback guys! awesome!!! i am going to re route my PS lines, and drop it down. i am going to keep my AC (arizona) but try to clean it up to the best of my abilities. this event is going down in the next couple of months, so definitely stay tuned!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back