The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G power steering belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tode5tool

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2010
fort hood, Texas
so i found that really annoying sound inder my hood. it seems to be the power steering pully has been dented to shaved some of the belt off. im going to get a new one but im going to cut the belt in the meen time.. how bad is it to run without p/s??:)

ya? well it cant be nearly as bad as my 77 camaro, i havent used p/s on that for a long time and it even has a badly bent swing arm so it dont even make full left hand turns. i should be able to manage.

ITS NOT THE P/S i allmost disconteced the wrong pump... tho i have no idea what it is.. its in the back bottom and has a big silver pully.. what it that??

could that be the ac comp, its real big and has hoses on it leading to the radiator. that arnt even hooked up. can i take the belt off?

ITS NOT THE P/S i allmost disconteced the wrong pump... tho i have no idea what it is.. its in the back bottom and has a big silver pully.. what it that??

could that be the ac comp, its real big and has hoses on it leading to the radiator. that arnt even hooked up. can i take the belt off?

Yeah, That's the AC pump. The one in front above the alt is the power steering pump.

GOOD! cuse i just cut the belt.. LOL i looked up some pics and figured it was indeed the a/c. but my p/s pump is good.. but i still kinda want to cut the belt on it. i cant decide. how much harder is it to steer with out it?

umm... idk bout this, its like driving a bus.. i thought my camaro was bad but dang, this was a bad idea.. o well ill just have to hook it back up.. but i can defenetly feel the power diffrence.

ya its really not that bad, ive been driving it around today, boy its got a major power addition now. ill probly keap it off.

if i had to take a guess. the way its been driving today, ive got a decent mpg increse and possibly like 10-15 hp out of it, but that my be a bit much.

cool cool.. all dsm'rs should run no ps and ac, its just a comodity we dont need. LOL. its all about the power!

Yep the more power the better but im not going to make the rookie mistake by not doing any maintenance i am going to build my car the smart way =) everything that needs replaced is getting fixed.

Last edited:
true true. im all about the right way.. you cant go fast with a blown garret gt40 equiped 4g63 with stock internals now can you...LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back