The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Power Slot rotors for a 1998 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Power Slot rotors for a 1998 GSX
These are great rotors. A pain to put on but worth it.
Me and James hitch spent 6.5 hours last night putting these. If we would have had all the tools we needed with us then it would have been only about 1-2. The main problem was we dont have tool to remove my gorilla lug nuts. A 17mm deepwell will fit but unfortunately that was the one socket neither one of us thought to bring. So we made a 35 min trip to walmart. On top of that the support jacks we had were to freaking big and took a little bit to work around.

Also a side note you will need a 17 mm socket for the calibers on the front and 15 mm socket on the rear to get them off.

The next hardest part was getting the rotors off.We had a pull kit to thead the holes on the rotors and pop them off.The only problem with this was these things were heavily rusted and corroded. We evenly went back and forth tightening them down while hitting them with a hammer. We also sprayed about a half a can of pb blaster on them. They finally popped loose but at the expense of warped and twisted pulling bolts.
This was a pain on both sides.

The back came off very easily.Just a few taps of the hammer and they popped off.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE EMERGENCY BRAKE OFF WHEN REMOVING REAR ROTORS OR THEY WILL NOT COME OFF.
Don't ask me how i know this

Overall was a easily installation. Pretty straight foward and follows same procedure as normal rotor installation. Make sure you do have the bolts to pop off at least the front rotors or you wont get them off.

I have noticed quite abit more stopping ability and no more shimming. My breaks are still settling but stopping is constantly getting better everytime I hit the brake.
Well worth the 300.00 to do the whole car.

Thanks for the help James

If anyone needs help or wants to discuss this procedure click here

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back