The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

power loss plz help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scab45

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
oak lawn, Illinois
i drive a 92 TSI automatic and i dont know how many of you know about them butt i hope theres someone out there ready to help me and here goes... i was installing my turbo timer a few days ago and i was about to connect the ACC wire to the ignition when a blew a fuse, i know it was dumb to do this with the battery on, anyway i went and bout a new female terminal fuse and the car was able to start again but here is where my problem comes to play. there is a power/economy botton in my car and that no longer works the car is slower then ever when i give it gas the rpms go up but the car barely moves until it has a good roll going, is it possible that i blew my ECU? i mean my check engine light is not on the engine runs great theres no smoke anywhere and no weird smells. At first i was speculating that there was a linkable fuse but i dont know and then i read a few threads on boost leak and plugs and weirs but i dont have any boost leak my gauge does not lie but i haven't been able to get new plugs/weirs because i dont have the money right now can someone plz help me

i don't know much about the power/econ switch but a distinct loss in power could always be a boost leak. build a tester and check it out.

i was just thinking do you think it could be my trans?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back