The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

power antenea went out, what should I replace it with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14.5 drift

Banned Member
Feb 25, 2004
o.c., California
I was thinking one of the bmw types that are just like a bump on the roof, hold on lemme find a pic, any other suggestions are welcome?

I just found a non power antenna for $5 off ebay, direct replacement for the DSMs, no need to overcomplicate the install...But then again, I have a 1G, so I don't know how different it is on a 2G...

Tamer

The antenna you had posted is an XM Sattelite FM antenna.

I had replaced my antenna twice on my GSX and it always gets broken. Its actually the plastic puller mechanism that raises it that snaps inside. You can buy that from places like Radio Shack and DIY. I plan to get a brand new one from ebay and get done with it.

c5chris said:
The antenna you had posted is an XM Sattelite FM antenna.

I had replaced my antenna twice on my GSX and it always gets broken. Its actually the plastic puller mechanism that raises it that snaps inside. You can buy that from places like Radio Shack and DIY. I plan to get a brand new one from ebay and get done with it.

Actually, the antenna on that BMW is a GPS antenna.

It must be antenna week in DSMland.

If you want to replace or repair your stock powered antenna, second post:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129875

Otherwise, you could go with one of the flexible ones from anywhere, a replacement mast, or one from eBay. They're just standard antennas. You might want to go for black.

But please, not one of the little queerbait S2000 stump antennas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back