The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Potential Theft Attempt??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceezdsm99

Proven Member
Mar 11, 2022
California
Okay so recently I got my gst spyder broken into , my convertible window was shattered when I went into my car about 3 weeks ago , I was hoping that it was just me putting my convertible top (manually ) down to hard and since I park on a dirt slant it cracked it with pressure scientifically speaking this could happen , anyways , a couple days later I realized my alarm wires were cut , and even tho when I lock my car the cluster says “Security “ in green . When I open the door from the inside after locking it my alarm dosent go off anymore . Did someone try stealing my car ? If so how do I reconnect the wire

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hard to say, but that just looks like a crummy splice that came undone. What does the other cut end of that black wire look like? Probably just need to resplice it, a good crimp or solder connection would be best.

On a side note, many many years ago I designed an anti-theft fuel pump cutoff switch that I've run in some of my cars. I can't say it prevented theft (no attempts) but was good piece of mind. I believe I still have some kits laying around.

The security dash indicator isn't related to that alarm system, but rather it's for the built-in immobilizer that came from the factory. It lighting up just means you still have that in the car.

Those wires aren't OEM so likely you have an aftermarket system that yes looks like it was cut. How to connect it back up is a mystery without specifics on the alarm system like model number and make. As dwb said however you might get away just look at it closely and re-splicing lines. Also might need to check for a blown fuse for the alarm box/brain as when cutting like that it's easy to short things out and pop the fuse.

Hard to say, but that just looks like a crummy splice that came undone. What does the other cut end of that black wire look like? Probably just need to resplice it, a good crimp or solder connection would be best.

On a side note, many many years ago I designed an anti-theft fuel pump cutoff switch that I've run in some of my cars. I can't say it prevented theft (no attempts) but was good piece of mind. I believe I still have some kits laying around.
I see you could be right about that , the other side of the connection isn’t visible, like it came off from the tip so you’re probably right , my friend and I are going to be replacing the convertible window and sway bar links this weekend and the wire … yeah that Sounds dope . I’m going to be using the club for now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back