The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Potential solution to brake ducts on 1g and 2g cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theamsoilguy

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2010
Edmonton, AB_Canada
I am building a 2005 mustang for the track and came across something for a mustang that in theory will work on any car. I also race a porsche and some of the cars have a brake cooling deflector plate on the control arm that I have seen.

Now after talking to people , there are a few requirements. In your splitter you need a diffuser, if you have not heard, yup, you put diffusers in the front splitter these days. They generate enough downforce that you need to be sure to do a good job supporting the splitter. I have 2 sizes of these from a company called professional awesome. I believe I will make my own set on the splitter for the mustang and my talon.

In the bumper it is recommended to have a duct for brake duct hose. You do not duct the hose to the center of the hub, but use it to aim air at the deflector AND you aim the air from the diffuser at the deflector plate. There is a company called vorshlag that did this on a mustang and got better cooling with this setup than the 4 inch brake duct setup they sell.

Its going to be a bit before I make these for my 1g endurance car. I will post this winter and maybe share the templates for a diffuser and deflector plate. I have new rotors and pads to go on the car as we have wrecked a few rotors already.

In addition to that, testing from people has determined that its good to let air out of the wheel well to aid in brake cooling. I have put vents on the mustang fenders, will do the same for the talon, this also can reduce lift. I also vented the fender behind the wheel. I must say it looks very racey , haha.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Team also has a new logo. I bought a old fire rescue truck for the tow vehicle. Ambulance size, but all the doors are outside for access to tools\supplies. Its going to be awesome, but a lot of work to put in a modern engine\driveline and convert to 4 wheel drive. Just thought I would share the logo, Im excited about this, closer to retirement and trying to focus on the track now.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back