The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Post your dyno results here

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That looks quite laggy for a SCM61. What gear was that and how much boost were you running? I'd assume like 27-28 psi? A local has seen 22 psi by 4500 rpm on a scm61 on the dyno, that's why I'm wondering.

Here's a few dyno's of the 14b screaming for its life. What a monstrously laggy huge turbo the 14b is. :D

The second one is the great "tune" we couldn't do due to lack of a SAFC.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I believe the lag is due to big cams (272/272), lots of port work, and a sheetmetal intake.

Just my opinion, any others?

3rd gear and 27 psi

Originally posted by turbotalon92
I believe the lag is due to big cams (272/272), lots of port work, and a sheetmetal intake.

And yes, 27psi is right

I would post the local guys' scm61 dyno sheet , but I'll have him do it if he wants to share it. The only major thing he doesnt have that you do is the sheetmetal.

EDIT: I keep forgetting his dyno was in 4th gear.

3rd gear and 27 psi

Question, why not more boost? I could see you doing 30-32 psi easily. What are you running for timing and what kind of gas? I also saw you have a TMO stg3 and a built head. Why not rev it to 8500+, you're making power still ? :thumb:

Could it be that huge 4core fmic. Lol. BTW i'm lovin the new ride.

If you examine the most recent pics (See below), you will see that it is sporting a new intercooler....spearco!!! A much better design.

I didn't rev more than I did, because it is a little nerve rackin. I know that I could have spun it to 8500, been there plenty of times at the track. Just one of those nerve things. I know more than 500whp was possible, but after a day of chasin gremlins, I was happy with what I had and didn't want to fork out any more cash for the dyno.

I literally could not get any more boost out of the controller and wastegate spring. Controller was turned all the way up.

C16 and never checked the logs for timing. Battery dies in a palm pilot, you lose everything!!!

Attachments

• intercooler.jpg
    intercooler.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 431
If you examine the most recent pics (See below), you will see that it is sporting a new intercooler....spearco!!! A much better design.

I didn't rev more than I did, because it is a little nerve rackin. I know that I could have spun it to 8500, been there plenty of times at the track. Just one of those nerve things. I know more than 500whp was possible, but after a day of chasin gremlins, I was happy with what I had and didn't want to fork out any more cash for the dyno.

I literally could not get any more boost out of the controller and wastegate spring. Controller was turned all the way up.

C16 and never checked the logs for timing. Battery dies in a palm pilot, you lose everything!!!

Nerve wrecking? Isn't that why it's built? :confused: nice numbers anyways. :thumb:

Originally posted by TurboSpoolinIns
Nerve wrecking? Isn't that why it's built? :confused: nice numbers anyways. :thumb:

It's not built, stock bottom end. Shimmed springs. :D

Sole mode of transportation, makes you a little skiddish.

Thanks though, any more dyno sheets.

3rd gear and 27 psi

I thought a true power test is doing a pull in 4th gear. That is were you get true HP figure's, you have to dyno in your 1:1 gear, which in most car's is 4th gear.

Not trying to be an ass, just asking.

Originally posted by midnght
I thought a true power test is doing a pull in 4th gear. That is were you get true HP figure's, you have to dyno in your 1:1 gear, which in most car's is 4th gear.

I dont know the #'s for sure, but I think either gear is fine. On a awd tranny, the gears are just about as far as each other in 3rd or 4th from 1:1. 3rd usually gets a little more hp. 4th gets a little more tq I believe. (on a awd dsm at least)

Originally posted by midnght

There was not much difference between the gears besides the torque curve, boost onset, and going way to fast (mph) on a dyno. Top of third gear is about 115mph. 3rd gear in a FWD is longer than the AWD I believe.

My car made 307whp 20 psi at 10.8:1 air fuel with fuel and boost shooting from the base of the lower injector O-rings does that count:D :cry: :p

**admin edit - removed some flamebait from your post in order to prevent having to lock this thread after it goes off topic**

Nice numbers guys, keep them coming!

Damn, I wish I had time to tune and make that much power on pump gas!!! Great job

Originally posted by Airpoppoff
Very nice results man....

Im pretty sure no one could argue with these either

AGP Fitty Trim .63 A/R
24 Psi TUNED to the max
93 Octane OMG

Freakin NICE matt, I was always wondering what your car was throwin down... I got a loooooooooooooooooong way to go

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back