The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Post your clean 1g's here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EGuenther did you actually buy those wheels purposefully knowing how bad the fitment was? I mean, dang man. Motor looks good though. :idontknow:

Haha, yes I did, I know everyone is on the hellaflush band wagon and getting their wheel fitment look cool. I went with this fitment to fit a wide tire for traction and I do like the way it looks. I also have fender flares but I'm still debating putting them on. Thanks :thumb:

heres my 1ga with evo 9 enkeis :cool:

Attachments

• 0222021040.jpg
    0222021040.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 0222021335b.jpg
    0222021335b.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 116
I just got my 92 Eclipse painted and threw some wheel covers on until I can get some nice rims. This is my first 1G and I love it. It feels good to drive an old car that looks better than a lot of new!!! #DSM :hellyeah:

Attachments

• before1.JPG
    before1.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Beforeandafter.JPG
    Beforeandafter.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,150
  • New1.JPG
    New1.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,122
  • Newrear.JPG
    Newrear.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,090
  • newup.JPG
    newup.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,107
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

getting close to being clean i guess

Here's mine
wheels are Rota P45r 17x9 +25, 275/40/17
Car made 357rwhp on an SD base tune at 16psi on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.
I went back for more boost but the transfer case output shaft split in half at the top end of a pull, hence the flat-deck :)

Holy crap I need new pants. How is your clearances while turning?
I'm waiting on a set of grids 17x9 +25 offset. I love that low wide look.

Here's my '90 GSX

I am not on the hellaflush band wagon but I am on the "properly fitting your car" bandwagon I guess. It looks like under any type of cornering the fenders could rub/cut into the tire.

Also the wider tire does not automatically = better traction. The tread compound is much more important.

Haha, yes I did, I know everyone is on the hellaflush band wagon and getting their wheel fitment look cool. I went with this fitment to fit a wide tire for traction and I do like the way it looks. I also have fender flares but I'm still debating putting them on. Thanks :thumb:

Here's a few of mine. This is from a few years ago when it was making some real power. I sold the wheels along with my Evo, so now I can find the next wheel/tire idea I have in mind. It's now a 16G car, but I'm building another 2.4 to slide under that turbo for some real street fun. Enjoy.

I have always liked your car Steve! My favorite color 1g. I think you should get an EF upgrade on that 16g of yours...that and a 2.4 would be outstanding.

Holy crap I need new pants. How is your clearances while turning?
I'm waiting on a set of grids 17x9 +25 offset. I love that low wide look.

Thanks man:thumb:, No issues at all with turning. The picture of the wheel is from right after I put these wheels/tires on. They are taller than my last set, that with the uneven ground the car was parked on is why the wheel well gap is so small. Since then I raised the car a little and redid the alignment. I have my coil-overs set at 21 out of 32 while cruising around. At that the tires do rub when I hit really rough and bumpy roads. There is one highway around here that has heaved from frost and made 20 bumps and dips in the road. They are so bad my ass literally comes off the seat if I don't slow down to 60kph. On those bumps they rub. They dont rub if I stiffen up the coilovers all the way.

im not even gonna try and post a pic of mine, compared to these its an embarassment... lovin the 1gs... first car i ever really wanted... not like one wouldnt want a lambo or viper...

Mostly stock except for an exhaust and those damn mismatched wheels (which will be replaced soon)

Still putting it back together, was raining all day today so I snapped some pic's, I got the stang in the shop now so the Talon is on back burner.

Here is STUDZILLA, engine that is currently taking up my time.

Makes me want to paint my car white furshur

Ehh horrible picture quality sorry..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back