The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Possibly buying talon awd advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsi3

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2006
keene, New_Hampshire
Hey guys like the title stats I am going to look at a 95 awd talon on the weekend my question is what to look for on a awd. I Dont know to much about the drivetrain and what to look for... I have 95 fwd talon now it is my baby, I have had it for two years now. I will be using the awd for the crazy NE winters and possible building this one as well. Any advice would be great. thanks alot guys.

It has 106,000 miles on it, 5 speed, leather, sunroof, My girlfriends dad knows the guys selling it, I guess he got it at an auction, So i will be able to get a good deal on it. I know the basics to look for, ust need some advice about awd :thumb:

Ok man thanks, But im not getting rid of my other car and Im not fed up with it Im just saying I have a chance to buy a winter car, yes a little late :) but I can get a good deal on it, And I also said I know the basics I was just wondering if there was anything inpaticular to look for when buying an awd.

Did you read both links that I sent you? The second tells you everything that you need to look for when buying a DSM. Hope that you get it, Keith.

Dont tow it unless it is on a flat bead haha

most of us have heard of scary stories where the wheels lock up and all sorts of fun stuff while towing it without a flat bead.

that is my 2 cents

woah you live in new england

i live in maine....

i have a group of cars that take cruises some times in the summer pm me if youre interested.....

Ya I have heard of the wheels locking up burrr gives me the chills. Ok thank you pmanaresi. Ya man i go up to O.O.B atleast twice every summer. I got a little club down here. Have you been to any of the nopi events down here?

Hey, does the car run?
If it does run drive it around and see how it feels and sounds. I dont mean get out and beat on it. You will be able to tell a lot about the car just driving it and listening closely to the diferent noises it makes.
If it doesnt run then prepare to get dirty checking things out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back