The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

***** POSSIBLE PRODUCT ***** 2G FWD Rear Tubular subframes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Hey all I have been thinking more and more recently about this rear frame i made and this is more to see if its of interest and worth going forward with them at all (sort of product interest)

would the NON GSX (meaning FWD owners ONLY) be interested in a REAR tubular subframe?

I can offer it in a few options and i shall list some below

* oem suspension arms OR my suspension arms
* CDS tube which weighs about 6.15KG OR T45 aerospace tube which weighs about 4.8KG
* 3 or 4 hole mounting for the toe arm to match the lower arm
* billet adaptor to fit EVO anti roll bars which allows more options and bigger bars in the future!
* overall strength and more rigid! vs oem frame
* more open space and ease to run an exhaust over or below the frame easier

this is currently just an interest to see if the FWD chassis would be interested and worth getting into or not.

no exact price yet

things like arms and adaptors for the ARB will be more and also T45 tube would be more due to the higher costs to buy!

I know no one makes a FWD version except me and i have been using mine for years and years just fine so thought I would see what the group thinks if its worth looking more into or not.

Thanks for your time everyone and as always any questions just ask away here

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Even the cleanest 2gs at this point have rusty rear subframes, doing a fwd version would open up a much bigger market for you since it would encompass the Spyder, GS, RS and GST version of the car. I think its a great idea.

Even the cleanest 2gs at this point have rusty rear subframes, doing a fwd version would open up a much bigger market for you since it would encompass the Spyder, GS, RS and GST version of the car. I think its a great idea.
Yeah thats true. These cars are getting rustier as time goes on. I know my frame was getting a bit rusty and a small hole in a few places which will weaken it some. I mean its only thing sheet sta.led together so ot strong from factory but dont want any one to have issue from it falling apart.

Don't mean to revive a dead post but im new here and would be very interested to know if these are available and price.
I don't know if i got any bits ready but i can check during the week.

send me a pm so i can go with the options on it.

Bobby

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back