The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

possible fuel cut?! boost leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evood69

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2009
roanoke, Virginia
Well I have been having this problem for about 3 weeks now, it was only doing it when the car wasnt warmed up so I thought nothing of it, but now it seems to be doing it quite a bit more,. When I get onto it around 5000rpms and up it starts bogging quite a bit then will pick up slowly. I did a boost leak test a month ago and everything turned out good to go. All my buddies that arent dsm'er keep telling me fuel cut but I dont believe it. Im running stock fuel pump, stock injectors, big 16g, at 10psi. Is it even possible to be hitting fuel cut at that low of boost? I realize it could possibly be another boost leak so hopefully tomorrow or tuesday I can get the time to check it again. Just hoping to hear other opinions or possibly people that has shared this same incident with me.

Thanks in advance, Zach

I hit fuel cut or what felt to be fuel cut when the rain hit. Thinking it was just the rain I ignored it but the next day it was the same problem turned out to be severe boost leaks at the throttle body. With a DSM you should be doing boost leak checks every month. Couplers can tear, bolts can loosen etc. A boost leak would give you symptoms of fuel cut but at 10 psi I doubt you would hit fuel cut especially since that is around stock boost on a car. Boost leak test your car. It's easy to do can take time but well worth it.

a big16g on same boost levels as a stock 14b would push a lil more cfms.atleast upgrade to a 190 and it you should run fine up to 18psi.i ran that daily on my last dsm...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back