The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Possible Ban on aftermarket parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saechao04

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2006
portland, Oregon
Got this from another forum. It could affect us all!

SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

"prohibit the sale and distribution of aftermarket motor vehicle parts if alternatives are available that “decrease greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles.”

Spread the word! If you can Vote, you can help!

This bill is just for Oregon for now. But it's a product of the Church of Global Warming that will force us to use tires that will kill people with longer stopping distances. The global warming alarmists want us carbon life forms to use less carbon.

This cannot be properly discussed without bringing up politics.

Back in the day, good science required independent replication to advance a hypotheses to theory. In the climate science field today all that is needed is a claim of consensus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've emailed everyone on the list last night, I got a response this morning by 1 of the 8 committee members. This particular one opposes the bill and think a majority of his colleagues will oppose it also. I personally don't think the bill will pass, but %hit does happen.

What a giant joke, and so is global warming. Hopefully something like this is not passed anytime soon.

Anyone willing to bet he is a democrat. Dude I am about this close to moving to Australia. The gov is killing us, ugggggg:banghead: Besides what happened yesterday we went from the greatest nation on Earth to about 4-5th.

Later Dr Turbo

There is an easy solution for us to cut back on greenhouse gases from our cars: we all run E85 :)

We should be getting government support for converting our vehicles to run E85 to help "preserve our environment." Wouldnt that be grand?

Oregon is getting more rediculous as the days go by. Gregoir isnt much better here in Washington

E85 costs more than gas to manufacture. And will NEVER (In America) become our primary Fuel. Natural gas, And Hydrogen or Propane electric Hybrids are your future.
Natural gas is the most abundant source of energy other then water on the planet.
Might not be in our Grandkids generation, But it is coming.

A fake church proposing something that will destroy thousands upon thousands of jobs, Wrap that bill around a crumbling ecomony. It Will never pass!

The auto industry nowdays is based upon the aftermarket community. Think of how many millions of parts that are Not OEM, but are copies of OEM, Manufactured by companys that primarily deal in aftermarket parts. Take that into consideration when you look at the Failing Auto industry as a whole.

This thread from the start is a political topic and will be closed. Take the time to use those links and email the right people while you can.
I am surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has.

The E85 comment was more of a joke than anything, besides, it would just level the playing field, Id rather have one up on the competition. :)

The thread hasnt gotten politcal to the point in which it was one party versus another. This is a matter started by politions that we all have the right to be concerned about. If every automotive board was over sensative about posting anything political, new laws and statutes in regards to anything automotive would barely reach automotive enthusiasts.

The E85 comment was more of a joke than anything, besides, it would just level the playing field, Id rather have one up on the competition. :)

The thread hasnt gotten politcal to the point in which it was one party versus another. This is a matter started by politions that we all have the right to be concerned about. If every automotive board was over sensative about posting anything political, new laws and statutes in regards to anything automotive would barely reach automotive enthusiasts.

Something interesting, listening to Glenn Beck the other day and he read a scientific article where they discovered that E-85 was worse for the planet than fossil fuels. HAHAHA. When will the gov learn that gas is the best thing we got, right now.

Later Dr Turbo

This is the stupidest thing i have heard all day, how can they stop the aftermarket, and then they wonder why the economy is so bad. Global warming is fake and even though i would appreciate to be able to run on e85, it is not the fuel of the future... But other then this is STUPID.

Something interesting, listening to Glenn Beck the other day and he read a scientific article where they discovered that E-85 was worse for the planet than fossil fuels. HAHAHA. When will the gov learn that gas is the best thing we got, right now.

Later Dr Turbo

Much like how the Prius has a larger environmental impact than the H2 Hummer does. WTF

Given transportation is one of the leading causes of pollution, there are other areas that changes can be made without having such an impact on people. Id personally like to see more public transportation in areas that dont utilize it so much i.e. California.

I dont think something like this will ever pass. There is WAY too much of a history in it and WAY to many people who oppose it.

fuzzydoodle, Washington wanted to pass a bill allowing the state to tax us on the displacement of our engines.

Which makes no sense, really. People arent going to drive cars with smaller engines to avoid a few hundred bucks a year, and that money would just be spent on Seattle, anyways.

What do you mean, you cant get much smaller than 2.0, and I meant semi trucks put out rediculous exhaust.
You cant ban them because that is the major distribution tool for anything, grocerys, parts, everything. So people just get caught up in worrying about minutia, and forget about stuff that is really detrimental to the "environment".

And there is no emission laws on diesel trucks so these redneck as*'s can have 12" exhaust on thier 178" lifted F-350 and no one cares? As they scream around everywhere blowing black crap all over cars on the road, or in extreme cases people walking down the sidwalk(although very, very funny) because their trucks are so heavy they have to mash the gas to get anywhere?!
As well as the fact that we get pulled over for our exhaust being "too loud", come on, diesels and motorcycles are WAY worse, a fu*king harley is SOOOOO annoying, BBBBBBRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA BRRRAAAAA, everywhere they go, and there is no restriction on these things. Seams like wiping before you poop.
Great point the ol' lady brought up, buses...buses, stopping and going all the time, blasting crap out everywhere, and these are thier "alternatives", here I will trade you one for the other..

Just all so silly, honestly, and I get pulled over for "modified" exhaust on a daily basis, c'mon, I am sure there is someone out there doing alot worse than me, go catch a real criminal.

Qoute:
. As a result of the higher efficiency of diesel engines, diesel-fuelled vehicles produce lower emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2), a key greenhouse gas which contributes to climate change, relative to comparable gasoline-fuelled vehicles.
:Qoute
I all ways thought diesels put out less emissions.:confused:
Which is why they aren't as heavily regulated as gasoline engines.

...ok so their main aim is to ban aftermarket tires.....?

i can understand exhausts and such, but how to tires harm the earth more than say cat backs and test pipes...?

I dunno, maybe the rolling resistance causes the car to have to work harder?????
But I know if a car comes stock with a michelin pilot sport and you upgrade to a better open country, which is suppose to have a much better rolling resistance rate.

But no aftermarket towing or gas mileage upgrades? Suspension?

So you cant put a tow hitch on to tow your boat, you have to use the crappy one that comes on the bumper, you cant use anything to try and get more fuel economy out of your vehicle, you cant change your suspension to be a more comfortable ride (I.E. bilsteins over a lesser strut cartridge)??

Boy we are just sheep arent we?

I love the government, kinda like the taxes you get taxed on your paycheck, which goes to many places, but when you get un-employment and need some of what you put in back, you get taxed on the checks they give you?? Were'nt you already taxed on that?

TSiTuner, the thing is, even if the aftermarket exhaust meets factory specs, it would still be illegal!

If aftermarket parts were banned, imagine what the price of OEM parts would do. They would control the market and prices would only go up.

...ok so their main aim is to ban aftermarket tires.....?

i can understand exhausts and such, but how to tires harm the earth more than say cat backs and test pipes...?

Believers in the Church of Global Warming hold it as an article of faith that carbon dioxide is an evil pollutant that is giving the earth a fever. They believe that if we carbon units don’t cut down on our use of carbon we will all die.

Under the catechism of Algore, any thing that uses carbon must be regulated (read taxed).
Tires with low rolling resistance use less fuel than performance tires with good grip (friction).

This bill about tires is just the first round in the battle. The Global Warming scam is a product of the United Nations and their ultimate goal is a one world government.

Never mind that man made carbon dioxide is not the cause of global warming. It is not about the science. It was never about the science.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back