The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2gNT Possible 420a engine swaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So you you've done amazing things with a 2.0 right? I need a advice I have a 96 eclipse 2.0 5 speed about to buy another 2.0 for a rebuild? What can I do such as engine work, turbo, and transmission ? Thanks

I dont just have a cold air intake and an exhaust. it has a garrett 50 trim turbo, hks bov, front mount intercooler, tial wastegate, stage 2 clutch/short throw shifter
What boost are you running? Also, is it just a generic 50 trim single scroll turbo or something?

I'd recommend maybe trying to get some cams and such and upping the boost as well as getting some bigger injectors, and upgraded fuel pump and rail then maybe you'll be able to utilize more out of your setup. Possibly even if you upgraded to a twin scroll Holset HX40/twin wastegates and twin scroll manifold and then send it again cuz that's a proper turbo able to get you much better results and pretty good spool times! Lots of the DSM 63 guys use em cuz they're very reputable turbos.

Now I'll be real, I'm not too big on how much it would cost to get all those parts together, nor if you'd have to get custom parts to get that stuff to work since I'm still kinda new to the 420A DSM life, but that's what I would do. Also get you some engine management too to tune on like the AEM FIC or Megasquirt since I think that's what most guys recommend for these. Correct me if I am wrong but that's what I would do LOL.

I know this is 10+ years late but he'll thought I'd put my two cents in!!

A "little" modification. ROFL
Edit: Saw this pop up as recent, didn't realize it was 10 years old. Lot's changed in the years.

The trans mount moves 6 inches, with a 3g 4g64 trans, shifter box and cables, and 3g axles, use the 420a engine timing belt mount flipped on the evo, the front and rear mount are the exact same, and boom. You have a 4g swapped into a 420a chassis. Run it on standalone to get the full wow effect. That guide works for the 3g 4g64, the hyundai g4js, and also the evo 4g63t.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back