The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2gNT Possible 420a engine swaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not as cheap though. The 4g has much more parts support and can handle those numbers with stock internals thereby saving at least $600 on just the bottom end. Then you're limited by turbos and manifolds and fuel system and etc...

just trying to sell mine for 1000 so i can get a 5spd gs-t

Still cost more than a 275hp 4g63 in a gutted shell

I sold a mint 95 gst for $1800. I couldn't get more for it. It was all stock. woman driven (until I got it). It drove flawlessly. I was sad to let it go for that low.

I have a built 420a... I consider myself one of those very few to do amazing things with a 420a just not as vocal as most people here when they install a sticker to announce it.

I am not a clown, abet your childish comments, and I guarantee you it is not far from the truth, that for 8k you can build a very potent 420a, if you spend your money wisely.

It wont have CF goodies or expensive rims or anything of that matter, but you can get the job done HP wise. Fast and right.

My GS Coupe has Eagle rods and Wiseco pistons and is running a GT2860RS.

dont let anyone put you down the evo swap has been done before not just once if you see in the 1st picture the hardness was mixed and match with the 420a hardness and evo hardness because you can see the 420a fuse box and the evo ecu next to it the motor bolts up on the engine bay just needs custom motor mounts as for the transmission its an awd so you cant use that one, theirs a website thats just from a guy that did the swap...As for the srt4 swap you run on the same thing but on the srt swap the 420a tranny bolts up so that the only issue you wont run into

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a built 420a... I consider myself one of those very few to do amazing things with a 420a just not as vocal as most people here when they install a sticker to announce it.

I am not a clown, abet your childish comments, and I guarantee you it is not far from the truth, that for 8k you can build a very potent 420a, if you spend your money wisely.

It wont have CF goodies or expensive rims or anything of that matter, but you can get the job done HP wise. Fast and right.

And for 8k you could buy yourself a clean gsx/tsi awd, mod it, and have a "very potent" 4g63 that will take down a 420a any day. And then you can spend the extra money you saved on "CF goodies or expensive rims", if that's your style.

OP, why do you have this thread about swaps and another one that is two threads down, in the newbie section nonetheless, about how much boost to run on a boosted 420a in which you say that the turbo other 420aT guys run doesn't matter? Just curious on this.

i just wanna know what other people are running with their 420a's because im really not happy with the power im getting. before i built mine i was expecting much more, but maybe i just thought itd be better. idk it doesnt matter but anyways thanks everyone for the help

Tuning will make a huge difference in power. If you insist on keeping that car then build the engine with some nice parts and then look into tuning software and do a lot of reading up on what to buy and what works good with your set up. You can't throw on parts and expect it to go fast.

Tuning will make a huge difference in power. If you insist on keeping that car then build the engine with some nice parts and then look into tuning software and do a lot of reading up on what to buy and what works good with your set up. You can't throw on parts and expect it to go fast.

Yea i have thought about building it up more, its just that i said i spent alot of money on the motor already and havent gotten the results ive wanted. but will see. thanks for the help

When you say you "built it up", what have you actually done? I you just slapped a CAI and a fartcan on it, you haven't really done anything.

You aren't going to make good power without some kind of forced induction.

The engine is a dud, usually people realize this after a little bit, but some still think they can build a diamond from this rough. It's time for 420a guys to just accept that there isn't potential here, the few who have accomplished anything have done so with unspeakable amounts of money.

From experience, you throw a whole lot of money at a 420A just to get on par with a stock GST/GSX, then what?

i own a 99 eclipse rs 5sp. my rods blew and i got a motor with 86 k out of a 96 automatic eclipse. thier both 420a's. im only getting the motor im keepinmy transmission ecu n harness everything. i just get motor. will it swap perfect? other than changin all my stuff to it. i read few forums saying it will work. but will it actually work if i change everything up. lmk by sunday

i own a 99 eclipse rs 5sp. my rods blew and i got a motor with 86 k out of a 96 automatic eclipse. thier both 420a's. im only getting the motor im keepinmy transmission ecu n harness everything. i just get motor. will it swap perfect? other than changin all my stuff to it. i read few forums saying it will work. but will it actually work if i change everything up. lmk by sunday

It will work, the motors are the same.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back