The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2gNT Possible 420a engine swaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

before i got my gs-t i was gonna swap that motor in my talon but junked it to get my gs-t. i dont see the problem it all mounts up on the same side apart from some fab work i dont see why it wont work.

See like i respect that. people shouldnt tell you what to do to your own car. thats why ive been asking the price and mostly all ive been getting is shit from everyone.

See like i respect that. people shouldnt tell you what to do to your own car. thats why ive been asking the price and mostly all ive been getting is shit from everyone.

Seriously?

Attachments

• spoon feed.jpg
    spoon feed.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 852
so what some one helps some one else out...............its spoon feeding
thats bs people cant help each other out that makes me :barf:

ROFL I wasn't talking to you. It's BS that people come on here asking questions like these and then bi*** when they don't get the answers they wanted. Especially to THIS question considering there are eleventy billion threads on the EXACT same thing which could've all answered HIS question if he used the search function.

My goals is to have power. ive tried to build up my 420a but its still not where i want it. and i really cant find a motor that will bolt up easily but some people on the web say the evo swap is possible...and to me that would be one hell of a ride it was done correctly. And i would say at most id spend is 8k

still dont see were everyone is getting 8k from

Hope that clears things up.

then in that case my bad yeah people should search first but maybe he did and didnt find what he was looking for....idk im not him

ROFL I wasn't talking to you. It's BS that people come on here asking questions like these and then bi*** when they don't get the answers they wanted. Especially to THIS question considering there are eleventy billion threads on the EXACT same thing which could've all answered HIS question if he used the search function.

and as mentioned before whats so bad about your 420a? in your profile it doesnt say anything about engine work maybe if you did that you would get more out of it

its got a garrett t3/t4 50 trim, hks bov, hks exhaust, aem intake, tial wastegate, stage 2 clutch, short throw shifter...and some more i cant think of off the top of my head..but its just not as powerful as i thought it could be so i dont wanna waste too much more on it if i dont like the motor

ROFL :confused:supposed to build the motor first.....but yeah it would help you already put a turbo on it so yeah

its got a garrett t3/t4 50 trim, hks bov, hks exhaust, aem intake, tial wastegate, stage 2 clutch, short throw shifter...and some more i cant think of off the top of my head..but its just not as powerful as i thought it could be so i dont wanna waste too much more on it if i dont like the motor

^ yet you built the 420a. I don't get why people waste the time. I understand you want to do something cool but don't expect sports car performance from a motor that wasn't meant to be THAT fast. .02¢

So you will spend 3,000 for an engine and transmission and another 2,000 to 2,500 for all the odds and ends you need plus materials and fabrication...when you can pick up a 2G GSX for 3500 to 5000 on average. Yeah, that makes so much sense.

yeah but just think about it stock 276 hp in something like a gutted 2g it would be crazy

Still cost more than a 275hp 4g63 in a gutted shell

I sold a mint 95 gst for $1800. I couldn't get more for it. It was all stock. woman driven (until I got it). It drove flawlessly. I was sad to let it go for that low.

Actually the cloud 2.4 and the SRT-4 block are the same only the srt-4 has main bearing oil squirters in the casting, only difference...

and most SRT-4 guys that want to make more power utilize the 420a head for it flows better then the stock SRT-4 head, reference D.C.R. for more info.

also note, both the 2.4 and 2.0 420a utilize a bed plate design so whom ever stated that they were never designed to make power is way off base on how any motor design or function works, these block are very strong and ready to make all kinds of power. Not to mention I have yet to see the limitation of the NT350 (our 5spd transmission) with plenty of clutch options to hold any kind of power goals.

anyone that does any kind of homework can very easily and cheaply now a days build a high horsepower 420a, with the availability of mega squirt, and a large turbo, outside of building the bottom end you can easily reach the 4-500whp mark in your 420a just as cheaply as a 4g63t

Actually the cloud 2.4 and the SRT-4 block are the same only the srt-4 has main bearing oil squirters in the casting, only difference...

and most SRT-4 guys that want to make more power utilize the 420a head for it flows better then the stock SRT-4 head, reference D.C.R. for more info.

also note, both the 2.4 and 2.0 420a utilize a bed plate design so whom ever stated that they were never designed to make power is way off base on how any motor design or function works, these block are very strong and ready to make all kinds of power. Not to mention I have yet to see the limitation of the NT350 (our 5spd transmission) with plenty of clutch options to hold any kind of power goals.

anyone that does any kind of homework can very easily and cheaply now a days build a high horsepower 420a, with the availability of mega squirt, and a large turbo, outside of building the bottom end you can easily reach the 4-500whp mark in your 420a just as cheaply as a 4g63t

You are a clown. :rolleyes:

Anyone can do it guys! That's why only 2 total people have done it! Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo 420A, yeah go. /sarcasm

As someone who has actually built a 420a, let me tell you nothing is further from the truth than what I just quoted.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back