The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Portland Area Meet??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well last night in fading light I found more water dripping, this time from my Koyo Radiator somewhere in the core I think. Gotta take it to the radiator shop to see if they can help me out :pray: or else I'll be waiting for the mail man again...

Well last night in fading light I found more water dripping, this time from my Koyo Radiator somewhere in the core I think. Gotta take it to the radiator shop to see if they can help me out :pray: or else I'll be waiting for the mail man again...

that sucks dude, Hopefully its something simple like a hose clamp not sealing right? I don't have a pressure test set but that would be where I would start. If you need help turning wrenches give me a shout, I am usually up late so if you need help to make it to the track lmk.

Cheers,

Patrick

EDIT: if you want to update to the latest boost management stuff. I am heading over to grainger tomorrow to get a solenoid valve, They have like 14 according to the people on the phone. Update your firmware! LOL and they are 33 bucks. Cheapest boost controller EVER.

Last edited:
I don't think I know anyone who wouldn't work for performance parts!:hellyeah:
So I had a newb moment (it happens) with this radiator. Dude at the shop says it holds pressure. So I put it back in and tighten the hose clamps until they screamed for mercy!:ohdamn: Anyways no more water dripping and so I decided today I get to go for a little shakedown around the block... :cool: Anybody have any ideas about a meet (When/Where)?

I don't think I know anyone who wouldn't work for performance parts!:hellyeah:
So I had a newb moment (it happens) with this radiator. Dude at the shop says it holds pressure. So I put it back in and tighten the hose clamps until they screamed for mercy!:ohdamn: Anyways no more water dripping and so I decided today I get to go for a little shakedown around the block... :cool: Anybody have any ideas about a meet (When/Where)?

you should order aba hose clamps. They are the best you can buy and they won't f up your hoses because they are radiused on the edges. Anyhow, good job on the fix. I can't wait to see that f'er run. Maybe we can meet at my friend derek's in vancouver. I will be there this weeking working on my 1g.

My noob story for the night. My oil leak on the car I just bought from my buddy appears to be coming from the oil filter housing. Won't know for sure till tomorrow. But douche bag had just swapped the turbo, so I think he didn't tighten or didn't use teflon tape on the threads of the turbo oil line that goes into the OFH. So if I can find that connector for the alternator this weekend my 1g might be up and running again. I am just glad I don't have to dig in the timing belt area (needs a timing belt but I am stalling till pay day on the first)

And it appears the ignition problem may have been lack of voltage. I got the car to fire up and it had 11.9 volts at the alternator (likely just the battery voltage coming through). So project ez bake (other car) might get the turbo / intercooler next weekend :)

Nice man. I did some tuning last night. Third gear pulls with my timing set at safe levels on 22ish psi got 381HP est on DSMLink, 27psi got 470, and 30psi got 526. Still no knock and tonight the boost goes up again... :hellyeah:

Nice man. I did some tuning last night. Third gear pulls with my timing set at safe levels on 22ish psi got 381HP est on DSMLink, 27psi got 470, and 30psi got 526. Still no knock and tonight the boost goes up again... :hellyeah:

sweet LOL

Barring no more ridiculous issues and crazy heat waves, I'm planning on going to PIR Friday night. Anybody else wanna go/ gonna be there?

i'm down to show up. I wanna see that thing get opened up.. I wont be ready, I have fic 2150's and a smim on the way tho:)

eeeeeeeeeee, I have tons of 6 bolt parts just let me know what you need.

90on35psi If your having any leakage issues with your hoses its usually due to age and you should get some new ones, you should not have to make them scream just to seal.

I've got new one's just need to put them on tonight. Still trying to find a little oil leak but it'll be fine.

How crazy is tech at PIR for the Friday night events?

I've got new one's just need to put them on tonight. Still trying to find a little oil leak but it'll be fine.

How crazy is tech at PIR for the Friday night events?

my car passed tech... LOL. just don't run over 135 / 9 seconds? pedal it so you don't trap over 135 with out cage/license or some shit like that.

Got her all cleaned out tonight and went for a little spin. The car's running awesome...:rocks: I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. I'll probably be there around 8 or so.

Did this "get together" happen? Are there plans for any more?

Did this "get together" happen? Are there plans for any more?

Yeah, we ended up meeting at pir for a test and tune. I think there is a buncha ppl going to the battle of the imports at woodburn sunday..

this coming suday?? got a link?? i really want to take my car out and see what it can do..... maybe break something. LOL hopefully not tho.

nevermind i found it...... its a little steep for a poor boy like me.

Last edited:
If you guys are meeting up friday night I'll try and swing by if I don't work.

My ghetto laser should beam me there.

I can offer our shop for a Weekly Meeting if needed. We are located in SW Portland off Highway 217.

haveing a small meet tomarrow (sat. 25th) at 5-pm in Albany at the FRED MYERS parking lot were the old empty blockbuster building is for anyone that wants to come. So far the list is as fallows-

<<ME
joshjordan
icepickbiker +2 others
503boy
speedaddict

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back