The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Porting the O2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CH152

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2002
Lexington, Kentucky
I got all the exhust work off right now and have been reading on at the VFAQ's about porting the O2 and the Headers. What kind of HP gain am i looking at? I am taking the cat back off too and gonna run a straight pipe back to the muffler, what can that give me as well?

Yes, it makes power. Do it. How much of a gain depends on the rest of your setup, anywhere from 10hp on a bone stock car to 50+ on a car with the intake side already done.

just do it, but don't go crazy. i know people who have gone the whole way through the o2 housing & had to weld the hole. i myself ported the opening too wide for the gasket on my first porting attempt. make sure your port job matches the gasket or it will leak horribly. and you will end up looking like this:mad:

What kind of compressor and grinder kit do you guys use? I have a grinder kit and a 5hp, 125 psi compressor and damm that little grinder eats the air up fast. I use the white bits. I have to stop after a few minutes becasue I don't want to over heat my compressor to much. How long does it take you guys to do a full port job on a turbing housing. Lets say port a 6cm housing to a 7cm gasket.

You need to use a carbide burr for best results doing it the way you are. It does take awhile, and the compressor will probably stay on :)

Regulate the compressor to like 90 psi if you have not already.

Mike Huml

I did regulate it down to 90. Does somewhere like home depot have a carbide burr. I guess I just expected it to take less then a couple of hours. At least it's free.

I'm new to turbo's. Just bought a 95 Talon TSI.

Can you explain what 'o2 porting' is ?

Thanks,
Joe

Hey i got the porting done on it, i thought i already posted this meesage once abotu compleating it, maybe it didn't show up, yeah it took me around 2 hours to do it, i lined the O2 housing with a thin THIN coat of RTV sealent to prevent any leakes if the gasket desides to leak any from teh new hole i dug into the housing. i could tell a lil differnce, tahnks for teh tips though jsut needed to know what i was getting out of 2 hours of work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back