The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Porting Exhaust Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Tao

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
I just got a new Manifold. After porting an exhaust manifold, where does the metal ring that holds the manifold and O2 sensor together go? Do I just throw it away and connect the two together without it?

Is it a gasket? You need that!

Originally posted by Mr.Tao
I just got a new Manifold. After porting an exhaust manifold, where does the metal ring that holds the manifold and O2 sensor together go? Do I just throw it away and connect the two together without it?
If your meaning the ring that fits between the exhaust manifold and turbo, yes remove it. It will just interfere with exhaust flow if your exhaust manifold and turbo are ported. If neither are ported just leave it in.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back