The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Portfueler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellds2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Baker City, Oregon
Hey, usually I find everything I need searching, this is one of the few posts that I have started. I just bought a Hahn Portfueler and was just wondering if there was a how to anywhere or how I would go about tuning it. I haven't received it in the mail yet, but it does come with instructions and everything needed. I am new to it, so any advice you can give me would be great. Thanks.

the box itself has a serial port underneath the cover, and should have the software with it when you recieve your order, assuming you bought the software with it. But you will need to buy a matching serial cable to connect to a laptop. But the software wont work with vista, it needs windows xp to connect with the cable and PF box. My opinion depending on what stage you ordered with your setup, i would make sure everything runs great before you go messing with any of the values.

the box itself has a serial port underneath the cover, and should have the software with it when you recieve your order, assuming you bought the software with it. But you will need to buy a matching serial cable to connect to a laptop. But the software wont work with vista, it needs windows xp to connect with the cable and PF box. My opinion depending on what stage you ordered with your setup, i would make sure everything runs great before you go messing with any of the values.

Thanks for the input. I bought it used off of a guy and from what he's told me, it has a custom tune on it. I have the Hahn 16g turbo with the 10lb spring in it, so I am assuming that I would want the stage 2 tune. He is including the software to tune the Portfueler, so that won't be a problem and I also have my old laptop with XP on it. Does anyone have the stage 2 tune? Or would I have to call Hahn for that? Thanks a lot for the info.

What are the differences between his setup and yours, If they are mostly the same(as in same turbo, compression, fuel type, same secondaries) I would assume use his tune and tweek it if needed. But if they are different you'll want to let the folks at hahn know your turbo and what size injectors and they'll get you headed in the right direction.

EDIT: Oh and if you don't have something to log with and a WBO2 then you'll need to get those setup first.

What are the differences between his setup and yours, If they are mostly the same(as in same turbo, compression, fuel type, same secondaries) I would assume use his tune and tweek it if needed. But if they are different you'll want to let the folks at hahn know your turbo and what size injectors and they'll get you headed in the right direction.

EDIT: Oh and if you don't have something to log with and a WBO2 then you'll need to get those setup first.

Yeah, I have a wideband and ability to datalog, so that's not an issue. I guess his setup was totally different than mine, he didn't have stock primaries, and he had pretty large secondaries and a bigger turbo. So, does Hahn charge for the stage 2 tune, or can I obtain that from someone? What I'm going for is a 10-15psi tune on the Hahn 16g turbo setup (basically Hahns stage 2 kit)

You would probably have to call Hahn and have reprogrammed, but like the previous person said, i would just tweek it from were you are now i wouldnt even bother reprogramming it unless its way off. So try it first.....Basically Pf will read your specs from using vacumm, and the rpms, so itll more than likely compensate itself, for the most part.

You would probably have to call Hahn and have reprogrammed, but like the previous person said, i would just tweek it from were you are now i wouldnt even bother reprogramming it unless its way off. So try it first.....Basically Pf will read your specs from using vacumm, and the rpms, so itll more than likely compensate itself, for the most part.

I think I'll do that, thanks for the help. And one last thing, I got everything today in the mail and wow, it's in great condition. I have a Walbro 255 installed in the tank with no re-wire, I was skimming over the Portfueler instruction manual and it says something about an external pump, was that for the stage 1 kit before the Portfueler? I don't need an extra pump do I? I have a stock fuel system as of now and thought I only needed the Walbro 255 and fuel return line to the tank after taking out the stock fpr. And then of course the extra plate injectors etc.

EDIT:Also, what size secondaries does the Portfueler come with for a stage 2 setup? I have in my possession a set of 26lb and 48lb injectors. Which should I use as secondaries?

I think I'll do that, thanks for the help. And one last thing, I got everything today in the mail and wow, it's in great condition. I have a Walbro 255 installed in the tank with no re-wire, I was skimming over the Portfueler instruction manual and it says something about an external pump, was that for the stage 1 kit before the Portfueler? I don't need an extra pump do I? I have a stock fuel system as of now and thought I only needed the Walbro 255 and fuel return line to the tank after taking out the stock fpr. And then of course the extra plate injectors etc.

EDIT:Also, what size secondaries does the Portfueler come with for a stage 2 setup? I have in my possession a set of 26lb and 48lb injectors. Which should I use as secondaries?

No you dont need a second pump as long as long as you plumb it into your current fuel system and use an outside FPR at 55psi. But use the bigger injectors for your secondaries, considering they are gonna be doing the work when your boosting....... but i would just keep your stock injectors for your primaries so theres no low end issues.

No you dont need a second pump as long as long as you plumb it into your current fuel system and use an outside FPR at 55psi. But use the bigger injectors for your secondaries, considering they are gonna be doing the work when your boosting....... but i would just keep your stock injectors for your primaries so theres no low end issues.

Do you (or anyone else) know what size injectors Hahn includes in the stage 2 with the portfueler? Oh, and it looks like the software I have is the Split Second R4, is this what Hahn sends you? Or is it different from what they use?

Do you (or anyone else) know what size injectors Hahn includes in the stage 2 with the portfueler? Oh, and it looks like the software I have is the Split Second R4, is this what Hahn sends you? Or is it different from what they use?

The only base maps they sell are: one for 400cc's and the 16g, and then 500cc's for the 20g.

Hey, should I throw the 26lb injectors in the stock rail and use the 48lb injectors as the primary? Since I have the Aeromotive adjustable fpr, can't I just lower my fuel pressure a little and let the ecu take care of those? Would it be easier to tune with the little extra fuel coming out of the 26lb primary injectors? What would you do? Sell the 26lb injectors and just use the stock ones??? Thanks for the help up to now, I really appreciate it.

The traditional purpose of using an 8 inj. setup on the 420a is that your primary's would be factory sized and controlled by the factory ECU.

I know LOL, I just thought the I could lower the fuel pressure a little with the Aeromotive and run the slightly larger injectors for primaries. Also, I meant use the 48lb injectors as the secondaries. I said primaries in my other post. Anyway, so I'll just use the stock injectors and the 48lb ones for the secondaries.

I've been doing a little more reading around and have another question. Do I need Hahn's MAP clamp? Right now, I have a missing link. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the 420a, the Portfueler only controls fuel and no ability to control timing right?

Yes, you'll still need either a missing link, fuel cut defender or other map clamp.

No, PortFueler does not control ignition timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back