The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

popping ball joint in front right..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobble

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2003
Victoria_Texas
I forget the exact name of the arm, but its that ball joint that sits RIGHT ABOVE the tire. i checked it and the boot has a rip in it and when i squeezed it water came out. so its f00ked, its popping like mad and im sick of listening to it.. It doesent seem to adversely effect the car any, cant feel it. but im sick of it popping.

Now, what can i do? can i get JUST that joint replaced? or do i have the buy the whole arm assemble..

any ideas on $$$ ?

upper ball joint

$266 for pass. side
also need to replace driver's side at the same time = $256

WTF!!, that much? jesus.. why? even if buying the whole U shaped part and joint assembly.. its a small simple thing... jesus.. im not paying that..

dude i just got mine done and got RAPED on the job. I had to get it done cause i heard metal sounds, took tire off and the boot was totally open and exposed ! DOH , took my mach 2 days to get it off , says dude to rust etc , had to heat cool , heat cool all that fun stuff came out with a 500.00 bill for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I was fricken pissed but i was stuck , i can hear the other already making click type noise , shes gonna blow soon also. good luck with it man

The parts guy at my local Chrysler dealership even said that he had never seen a ball joint that expensive. You might want to look into a MOOG replacement, that way it will be greasable. I also have heard of people using a lower joint in place of the upper with little/no modification necessary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back