The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G POM subframe bushing Q’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hello,

Had a few questions as I’m installing the DCP Pom front and rear subframe bushings on my 2g awd this weekend. I managed to get the front in, wasn’t too bad but I’m having a hard time with the rear. It looks like there is still a metal collar inside the outer locations but I feel like if I cut this out it will be to large of an opening for the bushing. I cut the collar out for the diff bushings and they went in no problem

One last question is with the new front set do I have to run the large metal washer where the subframe bolts to the chassis or is that deleted with the new bushings?

Thanks everyone

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For this set you did the correct thing installing the rear outer bushings. You DO have to cut the metal sleeve out of them. For mounting, you do not use any of the old washers, just run on the nut only. These were the directions given directly from gsx dude. Hope this helps. I used them in my build and I absolutely love them.

Thank you, I kind of had a feeling I had to cut those sleeves out but this one diy video I watched the guy just burned the old bushings out. I’ll do that in the morning.

Thank you

Thank you, I kind of had a feeling I had to cut those sleeves out but this one diy video I watched the guy just burned the old bushings out. I’ll do that in the morning.

Thank you
Yeah those are for the torque solution bushings. There is unfortunately not much info out there on these POM ones. You will love them though. Good middle between solid and poly.

I saw this online with the volk set, looks like they used the large washers on the front set?

I saw this online with the volk set, looks like they used the large washers on the front set?

Correct, the Volk sits flush in the pocket on the bottom and the Pom do not. If you use the washer you will not have a safe amount of threads engaged.

Air hammer and a jig saw with 25 minutes of time ended up with this

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back