The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Polishing Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d j

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2002
Norfolk, Virginia
I’m debating on taking some pieces off my engine and polishing them however I’m not familiar with the total process. (I know of the basics)

What would be some materials I should look into buying before starting this project?

What I need to know are some of the Do’s and Don’ts of polishing parts.
I do plan on using my air compressor with a low RPM sander, or would that be the wrong way to go about it?

What are some things I could do to avoid seeing ‘waves’ showing up once I shine everything up?

Thanks in advance
-dj

Yes, you need a flat sander rather than the drums, etc. you have on rotary tools. It's really just a matter of time, effort and materials, working down through progressively finer grades of papers and finally polish. You probably won't do it on a second car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back