The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Plymouth Laser RS turbo title

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu90GST

Proven Member
Sep 10, 2013
East Peoria, Illinois
Have searched around and haven't found anything related. I bought a 91 Laser RS turbo. The title just says Plymouth Laser RS. Does anyone else have a Laser and does the title say turbo or not?

I have a 1992 Plymouth Laser RS AWD and on the title it only says 1992 Plymouth. 2dr hatch. No where does it say laser. I'm sure it may very from state to state though.

Alright. I was wondering more for insurance reasons. Thanks.

It may not say it directly on the title but it is identifiable by the VIN number..

All of my dsms never specified if they were turbo or not on the title but they did specify AWD or FWD. Ive never been asked by my insurance company if it was turbo or not. I do give them the vin tag and they probably figure it out that way but my insurance is never high.

I ran the vin though Carfax and it didn't say turbo. But the car is clearly labeled as a turbo car and has the correct harness and gauge cluster etc.

Use this to figure out if it is indeed a turbo trim laser.
VIN Decoder

If the 8th is an F or U, it's turbo.
If it's an R, it's an NT that went turbo.

Titles can say plenty of different things in different states. My title makes no mention of it being a gsx. In fact, it doesn't even finish spelling eclipse.

You can definitely bet your ass on the insurance company knowing if it's turbo or not based on the VIN.

Ins companies has databases of the VIN from all the manufacturers and this info can tell what comes with the vehicle. Thus, if you pull the turbo out to make it an NT just to try to get cheaper insurance, that ain't gonna help since the VIN indicates the turbo option.

Opposite also holds true if you take a 4G37 and do a turbo conversion on it, the VIN will still shows a 4G37 that never had a turbo connected to it and it was always installed in base DSM's.

That's just one side equation of the puzzle. Ins is gonna look at your age, and your driving record. Got busted for aggressive driving while a minor and you suddenly are a high risk factor for them to insure.

-DSM

my talon only says "1995 EAGLE" my jetta said 98 VOLKS and my BMW doesnt mention that it's a 325is at all LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back