The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Plug Gap

What do you gap at?

• .050+

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 29 65.9%

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac83

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2002
Yelm, Washington
What do you gap at? i run 17 PSI or so and gap 40 on a stock ignition system...

40!?!?!? Recommended is .27 for Turbos...

You should narrow your poll range to between .025-.035, including every .001 in that range. That would give you a better idea of where the prefered plug gap is, since most DSM'ers have settled around .028".

ehh? even the boys with upgraded ignition gap in that range? How about the fellas with high-rev motors? no wider gapping? I'm really amazed...

I was gonna say, there is no option for me, so I chose .25, but like alot of people here say, 0.28 on 6ES

Didn't realize the recommended gap was .026-.028. The list was .035 according to auto parts store, no wonder they foul so quickly! I'm gonna change them again so I will close the new ones to .028

.028 and I change them all the time (3000)I lost 20 hp(dyno proven @ 15psi) because the gap was 35 deg on old plugs.It was causing knock after the air/ fuel was set

I'm hoping that everybody who posted 0.28 (or similar) without a zero between the decimal point and the number 2 (i.e. 0.028), simply forgot; otherwise, you boys better fix that 1/4" gap you have.

If you meant to put 0.28, please list the modifications done to your car to accept such a large plug gap.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back