The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Where is the TCU? (Merged)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsufrkr

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2002
birmingham, Alabama
where is the TCU in a 90 ply laser? I know where ecu is but i cant find the tcu,my car is stuck in 3rd gear. Still has reverse and neutral just in drive it has one gear thats 3rd. this is my daily driver as opposed to my 92 laser AWD. :laser:

since no one has answered yet... i am not entirely sure, but far as i know.. i think it's near where the ECU is. look around again see if you can find it. hopefully someone else can confirm it.

Man, no offense, but no one searches on their own anymore. Where is the fun or learning if all everyone ever does is ask questions and get answers like RiceRocket18 responded. Again, no offense to anyone, I'm not nit-picking, but you'd be surprised how many accurate things you could learn if you read on your own. :rolleyes:

Ok, now that i've vented. The TCU is a bi***. It lays flat behind the ECU. You can't miss it.

Mike

I have a '93 Plymouth Laser with 1.8L naturally aspirated with the auto overdrive. The car is stuck in 3rd gear (as seems to be a common problem with these things) and I need to get to the TCU so I can replace it. But I can't find it. Appreciate any help. Thanks, Chris.

I think I found the TCU. It was a little black box located directly under the radio, mounted horizontal, in front of the ECM. Was that it? And the ones on ebay look like the ecm. Again, thanks for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back