The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Please tell me I did it right!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captainredeyez

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2008
Metairie, Louisiana
Ok so I did my EGR block off yesterday right as it was getting dark. I capped off the lines on top the throttle body. I disconnected the solenoids and vacuum lines. Also I removed the line coming from the charcoal canister to intake. I put a T fitting to connect the bov, wastegate acc., and intake manifold together. Is all of the right or am I missing anything, did I do anything wrong.

Oh I forgot, I am getting a CEL right now.

Attachments

• bay2.jpeg
    bay2.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 231
  • bay3.jpeg
    bay3.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 229
  • bay4.jpeg
    bay4.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 225
I was thinking I should plug them back in. I still have them in my car, so I'll plug them in this afternoon. I'll just head to autozone and get the codes erased.

Plug all 3 back in?

Yes plug all 3 back in, and just tuck them away. Reset your computer, and check for the cel again.

Should I put some kind of filter on that line or leave it?

Also it would be nice if someone did a proper write up on exactly what needs to be done on a EVAP/ EGR removal.
I mean unless there is one and I just missed it. Pictures would be great too.

A write-up would be nice, but it's easy enough to do without one. Plus, it also differs between cars. The charcoal canister on late 2g GSX's is located under the driver's headlight. They have some extra tubing as well.

Basically, remove all the vacuum lines you don't need, remove anything associated with those vacuum lines that isn't electrical (unless you have DSMlink, then you can remove everything), and search on here for anything else you might need/want to know. This process has been covered many times already.

Just plugged them solenoids back in. I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU too.

By the way, thanks to both of yall for helping me out. I really appreciate the help given by the wise.

Well, that's a good way to look at it. You can achieve your goals with less than DSMlink, but I commend you on going with it. It is very nice to have and really easy to use, once you understand the basics and do some reading. Plus, you can always post up logs and there's a few of us on here that know how to use it that can help you out.

I would say yes, beacuse its better than not having anything to log with and see what how your car is running. You can always sell the setup on here to someone if/when you upgrade to DSMLink.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back