The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Please post Hx35/40 downpipe and o2 housing solutions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradikus7

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys, I've spent the day searching and there seems to hardly every be any pictures posted of what peoples solutions were for downpipes/o2 housings when trying to run a Holset turbo. Now obviously if you're running the DSM flanged BEP housing, nothing too custom was required.

This thread is geared more towards those of us who are utilizing the factory exhaust housings or BEP t3 housings but feel free to post what you've done. I would like pictures and ideas of what to do for my downpipe/o2 configuration. For reference, I am running an HX40 with the factory T3 twinscroll 16cm^2 housing. No PS pump, alternator in the rear and FFOFH. Thank in advance guys and I know this info will be helpful for others in the future.

Bought this from a member here. Custom downpipe for stock 12cm divided housing. Basically mild steel pie cutted and welded. Great fit. No PS, AC, relocated alternator and going to run a forward facing oil filter although a stock one would've fit.

Attachments

• 20170313_145005.jpg
    20170313_145005.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 482
I just bought one of these for $28 on eBay a few weeks ago, I could imagine it would be pretty quick to cut the flange off and weld a v band on, maybe minor mods after that. But the O.D is 3 inch unfortunately, not the I.D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170202-221145.png
    Screenshot_20170202-221145.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 377
Redjack T3 twinscroll, HX35 with 12cm housing. Custom downpipe by https://www.instagram.com/weep87/

I had to switch to a 2g oil filter to make extra room for the custom downpipe and wastegate dump tubes. I have a video coming out on making this next week.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's pretty much a custom job which is why a lot of people don't run t3 style setups. Each tubular manifold is different so there really can't be a mass-produced product to fit everyone's needs.

Redjack T3 twinscroll, HX35 with 12cm housing. Custom downpipe by https://www.instagram.com/weep87/

I had to switch to a 2g oil filter to make extra room for the custom downpipe and wastegate dump tubes. I have a video coming out on making this next week.

Looking forward to that video sir! Good stuff!

Hey guys, I've spent the day searching and there seems to hardly every be any pictures posted of what peoples solutions were for downpipes/o2 housings when trying to run a Holset turbo. Now obviously if you're running the DSM flanged BEP housing, nothing too custom was required.

This thread is geared more towards those of us who are utilizing the factory exhaust housings or BEP t3 housings but feel free to post what you've done. I would like pictures and ideas of what to do for my downpipe/o2 configuration. For reference, I am running an HX40 with the factory T3 twinscroll 16cm^2 housing. No PS pump, alternator in the rear and FFOFH. Thank in advance guys and I know this info will be helpful for others in the future.

I had a Redjack open T3 with the BEP housing with my HX40. That was a killer setup. I had Redjack make me a 3" v-band downpipe that I still have (for a 2G). I can snap some pics if you're interested...

I really really like that. Care to share how much he charged?

I had a Redjack open T3 with the BEP housing with my HX40. That was a killer setup. I had Redjack make me a 3" v-band downpipe that I still have (for a 2G). I can snap some pics if you're interested...
I would absolutely be interested if you are looking to sell. PM me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back