The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMGUY420

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2010
Tacoma, Washington
ok so i have a 95 gst slightly modded im at around 300- 320 hp and i need a new clutch ive been looking for the past 3 days for a good clutch that wont cost me a fourtune and i just heard today i need a new flywheel too i was wondering if you more experianced dsmrs have any advice and which clutch i should get... i found a act 2100 and fidanza flywheel on extreme psi for 551 can you guys help if you have any input i would greatly appreciate it

that sounds about right for a act and fidanza look on ebay they have a big selection of clutches i just bought a excedy stage 4 unsprung and fidanza flywheel for 425

To better handle your estimated power output you should go withh the 2600 series, 2100 series is good I had it on one of my old dsm's and it was a great clutch and lasted. Many guys just prefer to step it up notch and run the 2600 series though. Thats what I am about to order my stock is slippin bad probly saving my drivetrain for now LOL. But I would change all of your drivetrain fluids to some good synthetic lube if you havent yet.

thanks i let you guys know how the exedy stage 1 is ive never done a clutch before so this should be interesting has anyone used this clutch and if so how was it for you thanks again everyone. o and you guys have any tips on how to replace this clutch without shooting my trany LOL i would be thankfull

I think a exedy stage 1 is a lot like a stock clutch. I would step it up a bit like previously stated. Its not a easy enough job that you want to do it every year or less so I would spend a extra 100 and get a better one.

I think a exedy stage 1 is a lot like a stock clutch. I would step it up a bit like previously stated. Its not a easy enough job that you want to do it every year or less so I would spend a extra 100 and get a better one.

Paul is correct, consider a ACT 2600 or even centerforce. When you do your clutch make sure to use an OEM throwout bearing as well.

horse power freaks .com located in portland oregon allows you to buy the act street disk seperatley, if you have a aftermarket pressure plate already then that would be a cheap fix. they also have complete kits and flywheels, hell drive there and pick it up !!

ok cool thanks guys i wish i had the money when i got that clutch but i have to get to school in seattle and had no other way and i just spent 485 for this thing i really hope it holds up or if i can maybe just do what pimpin just said thanks again everyone and wish me luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back