The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

please help with an idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe sobo

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2007
stuart, Virginia
ok, heres the deal..........
i had a trans for sale on here, a new member sent me a m/o and bought it. so i shipped it out and it got to his house. shipping alone was 92.50. i sold it for 60.00. so the m/o was for 152.00. well, i went to the ups store yesterday to ship another members' stuff out and the guy tells me that there was a claim against one of my shipped packages. so when i got home, the kid emails me pic of damage from shipping. yea, there was some damage, but it would not affect the useage of it. it was more cosmetic. so ups tells me that he refused to take the trans, and now its on its way back to me. this kid tells me that he didn't refuse it......................
so now the kid wants the trans back, but the lady from ups tells me that another 92.50 must be paid.............
i feel bad for the kid, but i in no way have the money to pay the shipping, in fact i was just trying to help the fellow members out by selling it so cheap. i paid my brother the 60 bucks cause he took it out, that i charged for a 2g tranny. and i didn't even sell the trans for what the shipping costs.
so what should i do? i will be picking the trans up tommorow from where i shipped it, and i will see the damage in person. ups says that they delivered, and won't send it back to him. i kinda agree with them, but the kid says that he never told them to take it. so i have 2 conflicting stories
i am an honest buyer and seller on this fine site, and i intend to keep it that way, but i can't afford to pay the shipping .........oh, ups said they denied the claim that the kid put in because the damage was "COSMETIC"

well, the rep said that the delivery person just wrote down that it was a denial to accept package. but the kid says that they came back and picked it up.
am i resposible for the cost of shipping again????????????

well, even though i really don't have the money to spare, i decided to pay half the shipping. i really don't want someone to be upset with me over their purchase. plus, im sure ill be rewarded some other way LOL

they came back to pick it up cause he put a claim in to get the declared value of 100.00 dollars back

UPS sucks. I work in the shipping/ receiving dept at my work and we always get stuff beat up. They dont handle anything with care if it has a fragile sticker they throw it harder..

Sounds like he made the claim because he thought he'd get a free transmission by claiming damage. I wouldn't have paid a dime towards shipping it back.

well, i dont want to be the BAD guy, and i intend to sell stuff on here, cause i always mess around with these cars, even when i don't have one

I don't see how this could be "fishy"..the buyer had nothing to gain by making the claim..u did the fair thing.

So you paid for shipping the first time and now you're going to pay for half of the shipping?

I don't see how this could be "fishy"..the buyer had nothing to gain by making the claim..u did the fair thing.

im pretty sure hes saying it sounds fishy because he was trying to claim damaged tranny to get UPS to pay $100 and probably thought he could keep the tranny.....

I wouldnt pay to send it back, he sent it back to UPS if he wants it back he can send another 92.00USD.....

If he said oh they never delivered, and UPS was like Ummm yes we did. and that was it, i might be like , damn maybe the delivery guy ####ed him...

But if they DROPPED IT OFF.......he filed a claim (clearly he had it) and then GAVE IT BACK to UPS.........hell no...

****************update **************
so i just got a p/m from the kid. (after we agreed on splitting the cost of shipping when he buys the rest of the 5-speed swap from me) so he just tells me that he wont have enough money on friday, so he says that he'll buy the other parts from me if i pay the shipping on the trans or if i dont, he wants me to send all of the trans money including the shipping back to him.........................i hate the feeling that someone is trying to get over on me.............. so i told him that i will not pay anymore than half of the shipping only because i feel bad for him, but in no way do i think that i am responsible for anything. the trans is sitting at my house. it belongs to him. when he can afford the shipping, then i'll send it with the other parts.or am i wrong?

that sounds like a dead on standing to me...

he paid for it, its his, youre not trying ot sell it or get rid of it, when he saves up enough for the shipping he can have it sent back again, I guess next time he wont just hand over a package to UPS and then bi*** about them "taking it" and try to make the seller pay for it to be sent back...

hey.......end state.......you're not the one who returned the package, he did, he is lucky hes not having to foot the bill for all of it.

If you refund his money don't refund what he paid for shipping. You're not getting any cash back for shipping so why should he.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back