The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Please help me choose a EBAY J-Pipe (14B/16G) 4 options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CONSIGLIERI

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2010
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hello friends !
Here's the deal. I decided to buy the 14B/16G J-Pipes from EBAY instead of ExtremePSI. Since you are far more experienced than I am and might have had some experiences with some of these, could you please help me choose between these 4 options?

*Older topics has links missing due to products exipring. So I cannot use them as reference.

Also, my point is... Someday I'll have to buy a FMIC and then again I'll have to buy a J-Pipe to fit the FMIC (different one) and the route piping.

If I buy the SMIC Ebay ones, i think they can handle 1 year+ of use untill I have to go for the FMIC setup.

- 14B to use on Stock SMIC

1) Godspeed - US $59.95 - Material ???
GSP DSM TURBO INTERCOOLER J PIPE 4G63 D32A D33A (FOR 16G AND 20G) PERFORMANCE | eBay

2) FastWayRacer - US $59.39 - Material: Stainless Steal (I doubt)
DSM 1G 2G TD05 16G 20G 4G63 4G63T Upgrade Bolt On Turbo J Pipe Kit Oil Feed Line | eBay

3) Miragepower - U$ 74,90 - Material: Stainless Steal (I doubt)
DSM ECLIPSE TALON LASER 1G 2G 4G63 16G Turbo J PIPE KIT | eBay

4) CX Motorsport - US $73.99 - Material: Aluminium
CXRacing Eclipse Talon Laser DSM 2G TURBO Install Kit TD05 16G Turbo J Pipe | eBay

Well, I'm more incined to buy *2 since it says it's Stainess Steel and in the picture it is more beautiful. But the 4 are virtualy THE SAME pipes.

Anyone bought/uses any of these ?

Thanks !!!!

Last edited:
The stainless most of those use is REALLY thin and will crack, mine cracked along the inner radius and then later around the weld joining it to the turbine outlet flange

go for the punishment racing budget O2 housing. Stainless does not always equal the best :)

I'd go with the ets jpipe A little pricey but a quality with quality fitment just my two cents

I'd go with the ets jpipe A little pricey but a quality with quality fitment just my two cents

Hello ! I searched for it and it has a awkward design.
ETS 95-99 Eclipse 2G DSM J-Pipe

Will this really fit my factory SMIC ? (well there's a oprtion in the site, but who knows)

Oh, by the PIC, it seem as thinner as the Ebay Ones.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have that same j-pipe. It faces the opposite direction of the smic and requires slight modification to the rad fan to fit. If your using a stock smic you could always try the oem 1g style, even has built in nipple for a boost source.
But I do feel this is best if you can afford it.
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=22478

I have that same j-pipe. It faces the opposite direction of the smic and requires slight modification to the rad fan to fit. If your using a stock smic you could always try the oem 1g style, even has built in nipple for a boost source.
But I do feel this is best if you can afford it.
EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

Oh, thanks; By the pictures, the ExtremePSi JPipes dont seem much thicker than the EBAY ones. I know their material should be superior, but is it really ?

My point is... Someday I'll have to buy a FMIC and then again I'll have to buy a J-Pipe to fit the FMIC (different one) and the route piping.

If I buy the SMIC Ebay ones, i think they can handle 1 year+ of use untill I have to go for the FMIC setup.

I had the cx racing j pipe and oil line. Worked fine before I upgraded to a fmic. Don't forget to replace to the oil return and the gaskets

How long did you use them ?
Thanks !

if you ever get a a downward facing turbo you wont need the j pipe, i run a fmic now, keep that in mind. my ebay one didnt fit right problems with the flange.

I believe that the weakness in the ebay pipes is the weld around the flange to the pipe. They sometimes have pinhole air leaks, but it's hit or miss you can always have someone weld it a little if you have one. As far as buying another j pipe, I would just get a full kit from either punishment or vrsf with the included pipe.
Also, make sure you boost leak test after installing.

I have a J pipe that fires strait down if your interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that the weakness in the ebay pipes is the weld around the flange to the pipe. They sometimes have pinhole air leaks, but it's hit or miss you can always have someone weld it a little if you have one. As far as buying another j pipe, I would just get a full kit from either punishment or vrsf with the included pipe.
Also, make sure you boost leak test after installing.

Hello friend.

The Punishment J-Pipes look EXACTLY like the Ebay ones I linked here...
Do you think they are thicker ?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Punishment Racing J Pipe: 1990-99 Eclipse/Talon

The VRSF only carry the FMIC J-Pipe which I don't need now

As I said, I don't think it's the thickness of the steel that is the worry factor as much as the quality of the welds on the piece. Punishment is a good company, does quality work, and if you decide to buy their whole kit later that may be a piece that isn't needed. Looks fine for what your doing. It also seems to be quite a bit cheaper.

^^
That's because Punisment gets MOST of their merchandise from the Chinese manufacturer, CX Racing.
If you compare Punisments products with CX Racing's, you'll see the similarity with maybe a different price tag.

And the thickness of the material doesn't REALLY come into effect, it's an intercooler pipe...more than likely aluminum. Just get yourself the stock 1g J pipe for now, and when you do get a FMIC get their own version. The punishment kit comes with its own J pipe, so does the VRSF kit...but I think it's a $70 option.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back