The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

***Please help!!!! brake problem****

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsprime1

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
houston, Texas
OK here the deal to make a long story short i just did a auto to manuel swap and droped in a motor on my 96 GSX everything went smoothly.....fired it up and drove it started up fine no check engine light at all:thumb: idle was good ect. so i took it for a test drive let me explain what the problem is maybe some of you guys can shed some light on this problem..?

Lets say for example im going 45MPH and then i press on the brake the car will stop fine no puls or anything UNTILL!!!! i get to aroung 10-5 MPH the brake pedal starts to pluse HARD!! so hard that the car clunks through out the whole car you can here it bang........bang........bang........ like somthing is loose,but i have checked numorus time i have bled the brakes and have replaced the disc(oh by the way its only on the driver side this happens) and still have that banging noise ,so this only happens when i get to LOW speed only when my foot is on the brake pedale i can stop the car w/ the E-brake and nothing cluncks just when i use the brake pedalWTF:confused:

I did eveything that i had to do that was included in the auto to 5speed swap such as the inner axle change that is diff from auto to manuel thats the only thing i can think about that would have anything to do conected around that afected area i have never had this problem w/ any of my DSM's and hopefully someone can help:thumb:

Try pulling the ABS fuse. At least you coule eliminate that as a variable.

aight! i'll give a shot ..........thx

any other help would be greatly apreciated(sp)

odds are a break speed sensor is bad. cuasing the abs to act up.. mine galant did the same thing till the abs kicked its self off..

go with what wret said and disable it...

wret dawg!!! yo da man :thumb:

pulled the fuse and no more bang.........bang............bang......:D

car stops like a charm! thanks for the help guys:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back