The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Plastidipped my car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked up a used front bumper in great shape a few months ago for my GS and I plastidipped it Saturday. Wasn't too bad and it looks slick...think I'm going to do the entire car ;) I did take before pics while prepping but forgot to do after :(

Man some of those shots look really good. I have a question though. How did you get it to lay out so smooth?

I tried it on some drip rails i had laying around and it looked awful. It bubbled up pretty bad. I sprayed several layers on it. It took maybe 6 layers before the bubbles were no longer visible. But at that rate it would take me 20 cans just to do my window trims.

Wish i would have got some pics before i peeled it off.

O and i tried a plastic door mirror too. It didnt bubble but it still looked like shit. Not sure what im doing wrong really. Any suggestions?

I finished the GS up about a month ago (entire car) and it came out great in some areas and not so great in others. The worst to me being the hood. Think I'll peel it off and redo one day. If I do, I'll be sure to take it off so I can stand it up to where the can can be held in an upright position during spraying. This seems to be where I got inconsistencies. But overall I've had a bunch of compliments on it. I will try and get some pics up some time.

AHHHH Tkr I love the way the spyder looks.. If 2gb talon parts were hard and expensive to find Id do that to mine as well..

Thanks man. I got lucky and have 235 in to the talon panels.

New pic at the cook out. Have to spray the front pass rim. The dolly nicked it up bring it to the Mitsubishi cook out. Last Sunday.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any new updates on where to get plasti dip at a really good price? I've look on eBay and such but the shipping always kills the deal. Thx

hey guys, those of you that do not want to mask off your tires on your wheels, just use a tire dressing on it before you paint the wheel, the plasti-dip cannot adhere to it so it basically just peels off. Easy peasy

Hey guys well as you can see my car was painted Orange from the owner before me and its already chipping and the clear coats coming off in spots and to be honest I don't really like the Orange to much anymore... Anyway I've always been a fan of white talons and I don't have the money right now to get a good paint job So what do you guys think about plasti dipping my entire car white? There's a kit on dipyourcar.com and they have videos of cars going through carwashs with brushes and pressure washers and it held up Fine do you guy think its worth the $100-$150 to plasti dip it myself? :D

I've had success with plastidip on my window trim, but with winter coming up I wouldn't bother. Doubt it will hold up to ice scraping against it -- it is meant to come off afterall

Lol. The white seemed to be thinner than the black. Took more costs to cover up existing colorRemoving it after a long period of time becomes more difficult as it does what rubber does, becomes brittle. Don't make the same mistake as me and skip taping off. It's a cool look though. Good luck.

Dose it peel up easy my drive ways at work at steep and I scrap a lot and worried it would just keep peeling up instead of scratching like normal paint

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back