The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

plasti dip the rest of the rims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viseversa101

Proven Member
Mar 10, 2013
millbury, Ohio
I decided after changing my valve cover gasket and painting the valve cover, then oil pan gasket and painting the oil pan, Putting coilovers n shocks on n painting those, it was time to do the drums, calibers, rims. This shade of red on the lip however is a different shade. I did one rim as trial and error before I do the rest. Looking for input.

I used ceramic high temp paint for the red, and plasti dip for the black.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

that looks sweet i would do the other ones the same personally

It looks good, but in my personal opinion I think it would look like its "too much"...

I think it looks clean with the silver rims, and it will look like when you try and color match the dash and interior with the motor and the motor with the calipers and... you get it ;)

But thats just one guys opinion

I agree, I feel like it's a bit too much. Maybe just try all black without the red around the outside and in the center.

just leave them sliver in my opinion

the more i look at it it is too much, maybe blacken the center cap, and the outer ring And just keeping the dish red

The red on the lip of the wheel wouldn't be so bad if it were a pinstripe. It's too gaudy as it sits IMO.

+1 on black center cap.

Less is more :thumb:

Black center cap. Black drums & calipers. Bet it will look legit.

Your color scheme is too much to even think about leaving the wheels silver. Keep it moving.

And black wipers too please.

Id stick with just black or like others said just a red pin stripe would look clean. More isn't always better

They looked best silver. "Time attack" pin-striping is about as "in" as black with chrome lips.

That said, it's your car.

Its been my experience that plastidip doesn't hold up on wheels. It seem about every 3-4 months one starts to peel and needs to be refinished.

At this point, it would have been cheaper to have my wheels powder coated to being with.

Looking at this again I am going to have to say the silver does look pretty darn good. If you need new though then all black.. or bronze..:hmm:

Yea so ive decided to keep the red lip. N make the cap black. I will be finishing them today

i think those would look way better in a dark bronze.
Props for taking the time to do this! i wouldnt have the patience.

The red makes the wheel look smaller. Is that what you're shooting for?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back