The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Planning to swap a 4G6X into an FC RX7 help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razgriz3

Probationary Member
Oct 25, 2020
FARGO, North_Dakota
Used to be into DSM's nearly 11 years ago when I found a low mileage 1g Talon TSI AWD. Car had sat for years because the owner never realized he had the timing reversed. I got it back on it's feet drove it for a year and started planning my build when I came across one of my many dream cars, an FC RX7(sadly non-turbo).

Now nearly 10 years and a dead na 13b later I was going to build it as a Turbo II and purchased most of the conversion parts, only to realize it's nearly 6k just for a stock 13b. Meanwhile the 4G6X will literally bolt into the car with just a different bellhousing and custom engine mounts... yet it's a rare swap that's even rarer to be finished(I've literally only found a single finished FC build with a 4G63 and the guy isn't active anymore).

I'm still planning things out, but the car is primarily being built to be a time attack/autocross/track day car with occasional weekend driving/car shows, goal is somewhere around 350hp

Things I need to know are:
  1. What shops are still around that build 4G6X's in the US? (Never built an engine and would rather a shop did)
  2. What's the best way to route the coolant inlet and outlet for a RWD swap?
  3. Is there anything other than the coolant inlet/outlet that I'm forgetting which might make things a nightmare?

I would look at any of the rwd setups and go from there. A lot of what you will need for a mighty max or conquest is going to be the same. There was an ad(cant remember if it was here or fb) where a guy was selling quite a bit of rear wheel drive items. Like rear sump modified to pick up in the rear along with a pan.
But for sure check out what the mighty max and other rwd (mustangs and what not) guys are doing for there setups.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back