The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Planning to buy solid DD, what do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I like it a lot. Super comfy, gets anywhere in any weather, gas MPG is not bad with the v6, and looks great.

Here's a tip you should never forget. Don't get a DD that is worse off than the race car. Get something as new a possible with as many creature comforts. It pays off, trust me. I'll never drive a beater so I could have a race car at home. Pointless in all aspects... financially, logically, etc.

ford fiesta st or ford focus st? or.. wait until next year for the focus rs?

I was just in a friend's 2015 Fiesta ST yesterday. Not a big car, but not only does it have a lot of get up and go courtesy of ~200hp and ~2750lb curb weight, it's surprisingly comfortable if you can live with supersport buckets.

Audi A-4 Quattro, or VW Passat 4-Motion 1.8 turbo or even the V-8's are great cars.

Sorry but from personal experience working on them the 1.8t has got to be the worst engine vw ever made, constantly leaking everything everywhere, ruining axles, cooking wires, bad coil packs, sensors going out, vacuum leaks, heater cores, electrical gremlins everywhere and thats all by 120,000 miles.... Google them and they are 95% negative reviews.

Just had to say...

Not a ford fan but on that note I've known many focus's to get 250k miles without major issues, my brother had a 2002 escape with the duratec v6 that had 229k when he sold it, a few alternators, clogged cat and coil packs in its life but thats it still runs great. stay away from ford v8's....

ford fiesta st or ford focus st? or.. wait until next year for the focus rs?

I was just in a friend's 2015 Fiesta ST yesterday. Not a big car, but not only does it have a lot of get up and go courtesy of ~200hp and ~2750lb curb weight, it's surprisingly comfortable if you can live with supersport buckets.

I wish my Fiesta was an ST.
However for me having a DD that has potential to be modded is bad news.

With what you want I'd look at a WRX hatch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back