The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Placebo Parts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffGS-T97

Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2019
Muncie, Indiana
Im sure everyone here knows where this is going. Ever since tuning went main stream many disguised companies have been making bogus parts that do absolutely nothing. I feel bad at times for the people who take on the hobby that all of us have and spend their hard earned money on these parts that don't know any better. So instead of adding inssault to injury i thought maybe we could post the craziest, bizarre, and most preposterous parts that any real tuner would say that's a waste of money to.
My personal favorite one is the air intake tornado. These things are still around. A stub tube with a propeller inside to increase air volume and speed. Why get a turbo when these things are around for 40-80 bucks.:ohdamn:

My personal favorite one is the air intake tornado. These things are still around. A stub tube with a propeller inside to increase air volume and speed. Why get a turbo when these things are around for 40-80 bucks.:ohdamn:

you mean one of these:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i'll tell you what, you put one of these on your car along with a V-Tec sticker and you'll be smokin everybody. ROFL
I took it off a kid's car and kept it as a souvenir.

you mean one of these:

i'll tell you what, you put one of these on your car along with a V-Tec sticker and you'll be smokin everybody. ROFL
I took it off a kid's car and kept it as a souvenir.
No doubt everyone is going to Gapplebees! Lol

Those stupid vortex intake inserts were stupid, splitfire spark plugs did nothing but look good.

The system that sends voltage through the body of the car to keep it from rusting is also bizarre.

The system that sends voltage through the body of the car to keep it from rusting is also bizarre.

its probably based on those powered anode rods for your water heater, It would only work if your car was sitting in an electrolyte bath. At least for the steel, i think the aluminum would become a galvanic anode which would protect the steel with or without being powered.

Last edited:
Those stupid vortex intake inserts were stupid, splitfire spark plugs did nothing but look good.
I'm not supporting splitfire but I think there is some real science behind this. When I was a student I found a book about ignition technology written by Bosch. It mentioned many multiple electrode designs etc from an engineering standpoint not a marketing one. It was in the university engineering library. Publish date was in the 50s also.

I remember a mod that i actually bought in highschool for my 97RS, it was called a throttle body spacer. They were popular with N/A engines. I guess you live and learn. I saw multiple dyno test vids debunking those things.

Rigid collars..

$200 for some machined washers/spacers that are supposed to prevent a slotted subframe from "walking". There are a bunch of reviews floating around saying how users they can "feel" the difference, but these things literally can't do anything unless the subframe is physically moving around under g-forces, which would be obvious with slipping marks on the clamped surfaces. They are a crock.

Last edited:
Guys what about the electric turbo kit!
I just found one on ebay claims 230cfm boost!

All you need is that and one of the power adder chips that messes with AIT sensor settings!!
(Performance Speed Chip Racing Torque Horsepower Power ECU Module for Roadsmith) shows a dyno increase! OVER 100HP

You can get both on ebay right now so cheap and you will be putting down real power like a chevy in no time!

Guys what about the electric turbo kit!
I just found one on ebay claims 230cfm boost!
Have you seen those resisters you wire into the AIT? They claim 10-30 extra hp. It doesn't make a shred of since LOL

All you need is that and one of the power adder chips that messes with AIT sensor settings!!
(Performance Speed Chip Racing Torque Horsepower Power ECU Module for Roadsmith) shows a dyno increase! OVER 100HP

You can get both on ebay right now so cheap and you will be putting down real power like a chevy in no time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back