The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Pittsburgh Machine Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexixx

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2004
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Looking for a good recommendation for a Pittsburgh Area machine shop for a head. Thanks, let me know.

I have used S.M.O. about 20min south of Pittsburgh... They do a very good job but they are a little slow. Last time it was 250 for a straight cleaning and rebuild, pressure check, all that... You supply any new parts.

Theres a place my friend took my head to, 125 bucks to rebuild it, pressure check it, clean it, and deck it. good deal. took a couple weeks but super cheap.

I am also looking for a good machine shop. I am about 20 min north of pittsburgh. I am looking for a place that has the capabilites to rebuild my head + do the machine work for rebuilding the shortblock.

Any recomendations appreciated.

There are 3 decent shops by me. Keystone in McKeesport, Valley in Wilmerding, and then theres Pittsburgh Crank. I've been going to Valley for years and they've done several of my friends and my own heads. They don't have the equipment to balance bottom ends though. They send everything to Pittsburgh Crank for the balancing.

theres a few shops out by me.i live 15-20 north of the burgh.

I.C.S. is the name of the shop. Located on Rochester Rd. just off of I279. Great machine shop and engine builder. Did alot of work for my familys various cars. priced good as well 412-366-1009 ask for Bob.

Isn't SBR out in the Pittsburgh area? I always thought they were somewhere close to there. Might want to go to someone that makes their living building 4G63's. SBR is going to be building a motor for our time attack build up.

I just wanted to update from my post above. I ended up going with a shop in lawrencevile, its right outside the city to the east. name: Pittsburgh Crankshaft. I had recieved a few recomendations, and the place did a wonderful job. They were helpful in giving me tips as this is my first rebuild. I have been plastiguaging every bearing and everything has been PERFECT, No complaints. They have done many 4G63 blocks before and know them inside and out. They actually told me they used to do all of SBR's machine work before they started doing there own. Good service, Good work, A+ Recomendation for Pittsburgh Crankshaft.

yeah Pittsburgh Crank is good. I've had a few blocks done by them as well as my friends too. They also are the only shop in the area that can balance cranks and rotating assemblies.

yeah Pittsburgh Crank is good. I've had a few blocks done by them as well as my friends too. They also are the only shop in the area that can balance cranks and rotating assemblies.

So I could trust this shop for a complete engine rebuild?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back