The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Pitbulls 99' GSX "Be Smart!" Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just remember that the manual rack has a different ratio, which means more turning

Just remember that the manual rack has a different ratio, which means more turning

Rather than depowering your power rack which has a quicker ratio.

Thank you guys and I actually did not know that they are different ratios. But what I actually meant is that I plan to depower the current rack, I phrased that wrong. I am just going to loop the lines for the time being.

THIS IS SIMPLY AMAZING LOVE IT!

Thank you. Me too :)

So apparently I forgot how crappy this harness is. It seems like none of the connections are solid and I've found several wires that have come out of the pins. I really didn't want to deal with all of this
7695ACEF-9A7B-466E-83B2-6CC55F3EA308_zpsfgkcngo3.jpg

Thank you. Me too :)

So apparently I forgot how crappy this harness is. It seems like none of the connections are solid and I've found several wires that have come out of the pins. I really didn't want to deal with all of this
View attachment 295256

Take a look at our Mil-spec harness, worth the investment if you plant to keep the car. Hope we can help you with the headache. LOL :thumb:

Thank you guys and I actually did not know that they are different ratios. But what I actually meant is that I plan to depower the current rack, I phrased that wrong. I am just going to loop the lines for the time being.

From my experience with it so far, the depowered rack is something I wish I'd forgone. It's fine in the first 1/4 of the turn, but as soon as you get to a hard corner it steers very heavy. Honestly makes the car feel very heavy. Granted you can feel EVERYTHING which is awesome, but I may swap to a manual rack or even back to a power rack. To be fair, I haven't aligned the car yet, so that may have a fair bit to do with it. If u want i can update you in a week when I get it aligned :thumb:

From my experience with it so far, the depowered rack is something I wish I'd forgone. It's fine in the first 1/4 of the turn, but as soon as you get to a hard corner it steers very heavy. Honestly makes the car feel very heavy. Granted you can feel EVERYTHING which is awesome, but I may swap to a manual rack or even back to a power rack. To be fair, I haven't aligned the car yet, so that may have a fair bit to do with it. If u want i can update you in a week when I get it aligned :thumb:

Yes please do, I am curious about it.

Yes please do, I am curious about it.

got the car aligned today and put about 75 miles on it. i say stick with your power steering or get a manual rack. as mentioned before, the first 1/4 turn it feels good, lots of feedback. after that, its a PITA to keep turned in, very heavy in harder turns and you have to man-handle it. im no weakling and have alot of other manual steering cars, including my toyota with 33x12.50's on it, and this is more of a bi*** to steer.

i will probably swap power steering back into mine, its much more manageable and would give some joy back to actually driving, vs having to work the wheel so much.

got the car aligned today and put about 75 miles on it. i say stick with your power steering or get a manual rack. as mentioned before, the first 1/4 turn it feels good, lots of feedback. after that, its a PITA to keep turned in, very heavy in harder turns and you have to man-handle it. im no weakling and have alot of other manual steering cars, including my toyota with 33x12.50's on it, and this is more of a bi*** to steer.

i will probably swap power steering back into mine, its much more manageable and would give some joy back to actually driving, vs having to work the wheel so much.

Wow very interesting. Thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back