The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Piston Question. .020 over and .20 over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my_gst95

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
Sacramento, California
I'm sending my 2.4L block to get build as well as a 2.0L for a standard build. My question is why are the Wiseco pistons for my 2.4L listed as .020 and the Topline listed at .20 over? Do they really mean .20 over? Or are they both actually .020? I'm concerned about this as I want to make sure the machinist gets all of the correct information. Same goes with the bearings. On SBR's site, they list the Topline bearings in the kit to be .10 under for the mains, and .10 under for the rods...yet when I got them, one of the boxes said .010 and the other stated .10. If someone can straighten that out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

It's a typo. Call them and make sure beforehand, but nobody is going to make a piston that is two-tenths of an inch larger in diameter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back