The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Piston issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddragon1

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2012
Kansas city, Missouri
Would you guys run this pistons with the valve damage they have.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Id get forged pistons and a built bottom for nos. Those are stock cast pisons

I'm aware of this but I have a goal to meet and after market pistons and rods do not fit in the stock short block record holders group.

They don't look bad to me. I would still use them.

That's what I was thinking but it never hurts to get a second set eyes on something like that. Me jumping over from the Honda world things are kinda new to me but I'm learning fast.

Sometimes when the valves hit the pistons, it will dent the ringlands and pinch the ring.

Pop the pistons out and see if the rings still spin freely. If they do buff down the high spots and use them.

Personally, I would pull them and just polish the crown of the piston to help fight predet this will also help when you spray.

If this would brake the rules for the stock block record IDK

Sometimes when the valves hit the pistons, it will dent the ringlands and pinch the ring.

Pop the pistons out and see if the rings still spin freely. If they do buff down the high spots and use them.

Personally, I would pull them and just polish the crown of the piston to help fight predet this will also help when you spray.

If this would brake the rules for the stock block record IDK

I'm not sure either. But I don't want to be the guy to find out. I clean them up check the rings to see if they are still free moving but other than that I think I'll leave it alone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back