The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Piston Dimension and Tolerance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tox

Probationary Member
Nov 18, 2005
Gatineau, Quebec_Canada
I'm making a piston at school on CNC machines for a school project and I need the exact dimensions and tolerances of a stock 1990 eagle talon turbo. I mean ALL the dimensions. Don't worry, it won't go in a real car but we would like it to be functionnal. The guy that is with me has the talon. Anyway any help is appreciated

I have a CMM at school, much better then a caliper, but my problem isn't really the dimensions, its more of the tolerance of the dimesions. So I really need a drawings of the piston from the manufacturer!!!

thx

tox said:
I have a CMM at school, much better then a caliper, but my problem isn't really the dimensions, its more of the tolerance of the dimesions. So I really need a drawings of the piston from the manufacturer!!!

thx

F/Y/I, I routinely embarrass the CMM guys in our quality lab with little more than a granite plate, a digital height gauge and Mics... CMM is the most subjective measuring device I've seen yet.

Call Wiseco, they seem rather helpfull but this is most likely proprietary info.

Update here...
I had CMM training this week and asked about the resolution of the encoders on the arm we have. The reply I received was .002" to .003" That's huge when you're talking about engine internals.
This is on a portable Axila arm, your milage may vary but you need to know the resolution before you go using a scan to generate a part print.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back