The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

'piggyback' resistor chips any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazyMitsu99

Probationary Member
Jul 16, 2003
OhioUS
I have a stock 99 eclipse 2.0L non-turbo. I was browsing through ebay listings for performance chips and saw many items called 'piggyback' resistor chips that work with the ECU and claim upto 20 horsepower increase. Costs from $5 to $40.

Are they any good? Has anyone tried them? I would like to make some mods to my car but dont have much money at this time, so a cheap option like this is looking really good to me.

Whats the difference between the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones? they're just resistors anyway....

as an example, please check this link out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423192075&category=33597

Most of ebays stuff is a lower quality then name brand stuff, but like 300% cheaper, but those things are complete garbage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back