The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Pictures of wheel setups!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OR you could be a bad ass and run 17 x 10 +12 wrapped with 275/40's like Scott McIntyre.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Work Meister S1R Wheels (17x7 & 17x8 @ 30 offset) wrapped in Dunlop Direzza DZ101's (255/45/17)

Attachments

• bVGWWdm5HYagnpPP-PPvrFyV34LS6LHfPdEXoy61hWkVVaAWQw8xG9Km9bdCNvhCkmXTI-EjZi7KEKjJ8m=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    bVGWWdm5HYagnpPP-PPvrFyV34LS6LHfPdEXoy61hWkVVaAWQw8xG9Km9bdCNvhCkmXTI-EjZi7KEKjJ8m=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 82
  • ocQc6InQspUYJ4JREfLm5qkDZCDR1lGR3JLJMX5bkoM0Lvmn1rx1mWg0A5SGdxiN3KkP48NoykekqgSkUZ=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    ocQc6InQspUYJ4JREfLm5qkDZCDR1lGR3JLJMX5bkoM0Lvmn1rx1mWg0A5SGdxiN3KkP48NoykekqgSkUZ=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 6QW2edyHauW-X-SmdcHMKoJtr_MrLOj4fEbz3QYCyuQi1OREsV5mqLh1LXvaRRBJEyLKG19-13mc4d25DU=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    6QW2edyHauW-X-SmdcHMKoJtr_MrLOj4fEbz3QYCyuQi1OREsV5mqLh1LXvaRRBJEyLKG19-13mc4d25DU=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 79
  • qEQZjnkORm60LNIeWvSsSfDRhb1H1JDFzFNXmAvm1uHnT6fcw75KrcloLV80ycFY0A9HLZpFwzc7sTlZ0U=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    qEQZjnkORm60LNIeWvSsSfDRhb1H1JDFzFNXmAvm1uHnT6fcw75KrcloLV80ycFY0A9HLZpFwzc7sTlZ0U=w1218-h685-no.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Work Meister S1R Wheels (17x7 & 17x8 @ 30 offset) wrapped in Dunlop Direzza DZ101's (255/45/17)

Very nice setup! 17" looks great on DSM's with the right stance.

Technically No. But its close enough. Just like how a lot of the evo stuff works on our also.

Regardless its a nice wheel setup.

I myself am looking to run the EVO 9 BBS wheels again. Love the look on a silver car with the gunmetal finish. I am also on the hunt for a clean setup of Advan RG1's or 2's

Yeah, those Evo 9 BBS wheels look great on the 2G. I like the color as well.

2007 Dodge Caliber premium steelies wrapped in 170/65/15 Hankook Ventus gravel tires.

Track day: 17 x 8 +38 Evo 8 Enkei wrapped in 245/35/17 Dunlop ZII

Bridgestone wheels yes they made wheels for a few years!!! normal tires for now, these normally have Yokohama ad08r as these are my track wheels really but currently have vredestein sessantas on, i wanted to try a bigger size so i got a 255/40/17 and it seems ok, weigh around 8.5kg each wheel without tire of course, so light but not the lightest, 17x8.5 ET36, rear sticks out around 1" as i wanted it to so i used a spacer, it seems to work well and grips pretty well still so the overall balance is not disturbed

My Old Setup

97 Eclipse GSX
EVO 9 BBS wheels 17x8 +38 I believe. with a 245/45R17 (loved the look)

225/45r18 Yokohama s-drive on magnesium wheels. I think I should add some spacers on the rear.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image.png
    image.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 111
What width? That isnt +24 offset, your tires would be obviously sticking out. Any aftermarket wheel is pushing it on a dsm, the lower the offset and bigger width then they start looking goofy as hell without fender flares

The Illusions looks pretty good, Sucks they only have basic size options...

Anyone have a 1g with 17x9 with a 35 or 38mm offset?

Thats pretty much what evo 8 wheels are

Sorry there rim job master. I just guessed. That's why it says "think". I looked them up. There probably 38 or 40.

BlackGSXEclipse is correct about the Evo Enkei being +38 offset. It is also noted the same in post #33. So, there isn't a probably in this case, just fact. No need for insults because you didn't bother to look it up first.

I guess you're not familiar with the phrase "pretty much". Thanks for the update though. Lets see what 17x9 looks like compared to 17x8 so we can marvel at the difference.

Beyond looks, there can be a significant increase in tire width. See the chart below:

So, just by increasing the rim width by 1 inch, you can gain up to 20mm of tire width at each corner. That 1 inch could also determine whether the wheel would fit without fender modification (offset included). That seems fairly significant to me.

Last edited:
That is significant, and I applaud you for posting this information. Doesn't have much to do with the post considering OP said his fenders will be rolled though. My point stands.

My apologies, I wasn't aware you had a point.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back